well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Name our new cat
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Name our new cat
 Login/Join

Gadfly
Picture of Lisa
posted
We have a 9 year old tuxedo cat named Trixie who has seemed kind of lonely since we put our dog to sleep in June. So like a month ago, we adopted an all black kitten from the spca thinking they could be friends. She hated him at first, but they are getting along kind of ok now. The issue is that he has just a ton more energy than she does and he is constantly harassing her to play. So we had the brilliant idea of getting yet another kitten for him to play with in the hope he would stay away from her. We brought him home yesterday...he's still in "quarantine" waiting for his dewormer to kick in so we have yet to see if adding him was a wise move or a bad one. Either way, though, he desperately needs a name.

Naming the first kitten was easy - he was very clearly a Chester. But the new guy is hard - nothing seems to fit him. He's beautiful - all white and clearly a classy sort of guy. He's also the size of Trixie despite being only 8 months old. Since he's all white and Chester is all black and Trixie is black and white, they make a sharp looking trio so we'd like their names to sound good together. And we'd like to stick with "people" names vs. something like Stardust or Moonbeam. But we are stumped. The rescue called him Willow then shortened it to Will when everyone thought he was a girl....but that seem to fit him either.

Some contenders Phineas, Ozzy, Casper, Poe, Linus, Cecil, Gatsby, Oliver (Ollie), or Blue. We liked Milo but LL#2 vetoed it due to Milo Yannopolis (or whatever that nutjob's last name is). Whatever it is has to flow with Chester and Trixie. Nothing we've come up with seems to suit him though.

So what say you? Any suggestions?

Posts: 4404 | Location: Suburban Philly, PA | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Moonunit is "people" name. Don't think it is in the Bible though.

Clyde? Fredrik? Zorba?

Our new kitten is Monkey.

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25709 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Vacation to Post
Picture of Qaanaaq-Liaaq
posted Hide Post
Here’s some names for your new frisky furry fluffy feisty finicky frolicking four legged feline friend:

Catapult if your cat likes to jump,

Catillac if your cat becomes expensive,

Caterwaul if your cat meows loudly,

Catatonic if your cat is unresponsive and listless,

and Catastrophe if your cat turns into a disaster.

If you place one cat directly behind another, it’s called a Concatenation, a word used a lot in computer science which means to append (such as computer files).

Posts: 1411 | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Casper was my first thought, but I see it's already on the list.

Posts: 12537 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
I like Gatsby.

He looks like he likes to party hard, but elegantly.

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15513 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
Minor.

J

Be calm, be brave, it'll be okay.

Posts: 17679 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
When I was a kid, our neighbors had a white cat named Harvey referencing the the old Jimmy Stewart Movie (even though Harvey was an imaginary rabbit in the film)

There always Cumulo like a cloud, though I like Nimbus (even if it is a gray cloud Shrug)

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Phineas

Phineas a lot! Then if you wanted a shorter version, it could be Phin.

I think both go with Trixie.

I also like Linus... or maybe Luno (the male version of Luna)... Or Lune?

Ole

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18509 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Ralph. He looks like a Ralph.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34969 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Whitey? Works with the other cats’ names…but not creative.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13814 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Fred. Clark. Henry.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37929 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RealPlayer:
Whitey? Works with the other cats’ names…but not creative.

Oooo not here in Boston...Whitey brings back the old days when I moved here in the 80's..Whitey Bulger was the gangster in town... HairRaising

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jack Frost:
Minor.

J

Took me a minute, but yes. This would be perfect (at least for some of us).

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
My, first thought was Dexter, but that sounds very much like Chester. Not that I’ve ever known a cat to come when you call.

Horace?

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Maybe call him Steve. That’s a good name.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34969 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post