well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Dreaming about your children

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dreaming about your children
 Login/Join

Semi-Regular
posted
My children are in their late teens now, but I notice that whenever my children appear in my dreams, they often appear as babies, toddlers, or young children, rather than as late teens.

I am curious if that's just me or do others parents also experience similarly when dreaming about their own children.

If you're a parent and has dreamt about your own children, how do they appear to you in your dreams?

Posts: 121 | Registered: 12 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Same. Almost always in their childhood years.

--------------------------------
“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13813 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Hmmm... I dream about them as both adults and younger. I seem to remember more dreams where they are adults??

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7555 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
They are different ages in my dreams, but they're often toddlers or babies.

Muffin's Sister had a blue dress when she was about two that she's often wearing when she turns up in my dreams.

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15513 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Yes, I dream about my kids, and also the first house we owned when they were young. They usually are in my dreams as toddlers to grade school ages. I also sometimes have dreams that take place in the two houses I grew up in. They are late 20’s early 30’s now.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20459 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
I don’t dream much, or don’t recall them much. I can’t recall a single dream about my kids.

Be calm, be brave, it'll be okay.

Posts: 17677 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
I do occasionally remember one of my children making an appearance in a dream. It's not a frequent occurrence, but tends to involve doing something or going somewhere together. They tend to be younger adults when they appear.

Big Al

Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

Posts: 7407 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post