well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Take a Stand 14! The spread

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Take a Stand 14! The spread
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted
Peanut butter:

Chunky or creamy?

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34927 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
I like chunky, but we have both here. Plus a bunch of other nut butters that MrsTuner prefers.

Mostly used as a snack spread on apple slices.

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7554 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Mr wtg eats more peanut butter than I do. He usually buys creamy, but occasionally changes it up and gets the crunchy.

I am not a huge consumer of nut butters, which is kind of odd because I love whole nuts of any kind. A couple of months ago I had a taste for (creamy) cashew butter. I finished the small jar and now I'm good for another five years.

Is there such a thing as pistachio butter?

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37880 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Yes, and while it is not cheap, it is excellent. This is what I got.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/pr...n_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

Back to the original question, we often use peanut butter on toast or english muffins instead of butter. I will eat either. MFR prefers Peter Paan creamy only.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13549 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
Creamy for me. Most often eaten on crackers, although I've been known to take a spoonful right out of the jar once in awhile.

I more frequently eat whole nuts.

Big Al

Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

Posts: 7404 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
Creamy.

I like my childhood peanut butter, Peter Pan. Yes, I know it's sweet. Smiler

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15510 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
I am OK with both smooth and crunchy. That’s not where I draw the line. I won’t eat any peanut butter with any ingredient besides peanuts and salt. Nothing with palm oil and sugar and all that other crap.

Posts: 10334 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Crunchy, though I don’t eat much peanut butter these days. Crunchy almond butter, yes!

I use creamy peanut butter to make Asian stir fry sauces.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13811 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
I’m happy with either though I only eat either natural or Kraft brand because every other brand I have tried is too sweet.

"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson

Posts: 4091 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug:
I am OK with both smooth and crunchy. That’s not where I draw the line. I won’t eat any peanut butter with any ingredient besides peanuts and salt. Nothing with palm oil and sugar and all that other crap.

Holy Carp! I agree with Doug. I buy Adam's. When I open it I put it in the microwave for 33 seconds with the lid off and then stir it. I put the lid on, then put it in the cabinet upside down.
I make plain oatmeal in the morning and stir in a spoonful of peanut butter.
I put it on English muffins.
Sometimes I even put it on bread.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I'm not a massive peanut butter fan, but I keep crunchy around for peanut butter cookies!

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mary Anna:
Creamy.

I like my childhood peanut butter, Peter Pan. Yes, I know it's sweet. Smiler

It would more than my life’s worth to bring home anything else.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13549 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
I like creamy for PB cookies, and crunchy for putting on toast or English muffins.

We love the taste of bad-for-you peanut butter, but we don’t buy that. We do the peanuts and salt variety.

Easy way to stir it: electric hand mixer, one blade only. Perfect! Then keep the PB in the fridge, and it doesn’t separate.

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9799 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post