well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Warren came in 4th for the night
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Warren came in 4th for the night
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted
Not only will Bloomberg beat her in delegates tonight, he will likely have more *total* delegates than she, despite the fact that this is the first time he was on the ballot.

--------------------------------
If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
You don’t sound all that sad...

Posts: 10334 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
The rumors were that she’d been persuaded to stay in today to,pull votes and delegates away from Bernie in Massachusetts.

Posts: 45748 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Word is that Hispanics prefer Bernie over Biden.

Why?

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
The total delegate result did not hold. She has more than Bloomberg.

Snarkiest comment on the internet: Warren has a 1/1024 chance of becoming president....

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:

Snarkiest comment on the internet: Warren has a 1/1024 chance of becoming president....

That's one ... bit ... of news.

Posts: 12539 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
I support Warren. She has so much to offer. I hope she gets a good position. She is honest and progressive.
But even in her state, I had to vote for Biden justto keep Saunders from being our choice.
It's politics.
I was surprised that some locals still voted for 2 that were no longer viable. Did they not know they pulled out?

Yes they were still listed. They should have been taken off.

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Alas, names cannot be removed from the ballots. I'm sure some people voted in complete ignorance. That's democracy.

I'm also quite sure that some wanted to register support for their personal choice, even though they knew that their candidate had dropped out. These people weren't being strategic, and that's not at all irrational. One vote matters not a whit for the most part, so they were using their vote to signal their current identity to their future selves.

Posts: 12539 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
"Warren was effectively a niche candidate of the chardonnay left." from Harry Olsen on the cost of Warren's persistence.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25711 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Olsen's an idiot. Well, maybe that's too strong, but I've never thought his columns were worth the time spent to read them.

It is indeed true that Warren drew her support very much from higher-income and well-educated people. Ditto Buttigieg, but you'll note that the snarky quip was reserved for the female candidate.

I found that column really banal and obvious. Sort of Olsen's specialty. I don't know why the Post wastes the space on him.

Do you see one bit of evidence offered that Warren's supporters will automatically transition to Bernie? Are we even sure she will endorse Bernie. Doing so will make her life more difficult within the Democratic party machinery going forward. This could well reduce her effectiveness in the Senate, especially if Bernie goes down in flames again which seems eminently likely.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:

Why?

Because they're an oppressed minority?

Posts: 24724 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
The total delegate result did not hold. She has more than Bloomberg.

LOL!

Posts: 24724 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LL:
I support Warren. She has so much to offer. I hope she gets a good position. She is honest and progressive.
But even in her state, I had to vote for Biden justto keep Saunders from being our choice.
It's politics.
I was surprised that some locals still voted for 2 that were no longer viable. Did they not know they pulled out?

Yes they were still listed. They should have been taken off.

She is better in the Senate than taking some position. Feel badly for her. Don’t agree with much of her plans but she is a great campaigner. To come in third in Massachusetts has to sting.

Be calm, be brave, it'll be okay.

Posts: 17680 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Warren's supporter are not like Bernie Bros.
I don't think her persistence hurt Bernie at all.
I think Bernie hurt Bernie.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25711 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:

Why?

Just a guess, but Hispanics are younger than African Americans, on average, and younger voters tend to favor Bernie. But, as we have learned, they don't vote so that can't be the entire reason.

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post