well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    If you able to help your tech -

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you able to help your tech -
 Login/Join

Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted
As you can imagine most, if not all of the tuning business has stopped. Many techs have rebuilding work to complete so will keep busy while they can't tune, but won't get paid until complete.

If you are able, could you reach out and offer to pre-pay for your next tuning? If they haven't thought of this yet, it may be a pleasant surprise... It might just help them through these lean times!

--------------------------------
Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7556 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Great idea. Especially since I now have two techs in the family. Just posted the idea on FB.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13560 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Ron, this is a great idea. I need to figure out if I will have my summer salary, because I may not. But if I do, I will definitely do this.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18524 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
hey Ron! You're gonna get unemployment!

"Unemployment benefits will grow substantially, and go to many more Americans.
Lawmakers agreed to a significant expansion of unemployment benefits that would extend jobless insurance by 13 weeks and include a four-month enhancement of benefits. At the insistence of Democrats, the program was broadened to include freelancers, furloughed employees and gig workers, such as Uber drivers."

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13560 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
If I can manage without using unemployment, that would be my preference...

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7556 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post