well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Uber hawk

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Uber hawk
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
There are about 4 million people who live in Los Angeles, and just about everyone there complains about the traffic.

It's so bad even hawks have to hitch a ride.

That's what happened to Stacy Eddy and her passenger Rebecca Hobbs this week.
A red tail hawk landed on a car's hood and stayed there for 15 minutes, shown in this hilarious video taken June 13, 2019 and posted to YouTube by Matt Eddy.

Eddy the driver and her passenger Hobbs, who shot the video, can be heard laughing throughout as the hawk scowls, spreads his wings, walks across the windshield wipers and digs in.

Eventually, the hawk flew off.

"We felt like Uber for Hawks," they posted at the end of the video. "Hope he gave us five stars."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmpZyXyWhOI

https://www.wjhl.com/news/nati...alifornia/2078974415

Those eyes.... Ninja

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37994 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Wow, what an experience!

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7560 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
That's great! ThumbsUp

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34990 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Maybe he hit a window. Seriously, I would have pulled into the shade if possible and let him sit there til he flew away.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20471 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jodi:
Maybe he hit a window. Seriously, I would have pulled into the shade if possible and let him sit there til he flew away.

This.

Posts: 12570 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
City folks. Some of them don't know much about nature. I couldn't understand why they drove around for 15 minutes with the bird on the windshield. Still, a fascinating interaction with a magnificent creature.

When I was working downtown, I'd occasionally find a bird that was the victim of a window strike. I'd pick the patient up, bring it back to the office, and put it in a box. Used to get some strange looks on the train on the way home. Don't think I would have had the courage to approach a red tailed hawk, though.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37994 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I couldn't understand why they drove around for 15 minutes with the bird on the windshield.

+1. I also didn't get all the screaming.

It would be so neat to have such an up-close look at a bird like this. They are pretty amazing creatures!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18602 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
I think Lyft would suit it better.

http://www.twistandvibrations.blogspot.com/

Posts: 10577 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Posts: 12570 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
And the shrieking irritated the heck out of me. Probably didn’t help the bird either.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20471 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post