well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    A new project begins

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A new project begins
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted
Mik about 14 hours ago
I must be crazy.

We're going to redecorate our entire first floor and the exposed hallway upstairs. Not going to move any walls or replace the hardwood floor, but new kitchen cabinets, counter, appliances and lighting, new paint/paper all around, carpet where it is carpeted now, window treatments, refinishing and reupholstering some pieces, new interior doors and front door, remodeled powder room.

We met with our designer this morning and started looking at cabinets this afternoon.

I must be crazy.

The palate will be taken from this rug. Below is a pic of the dining room where the rug is. We're probably going to change from focusing on greens to on blues, yellows and whites.

For the kitchen we are thinking blue lower cabinets, white uppers, both hickory with grain showing. Probably just a flat front contemporary. Quartz countertops, new backsplash TBD. Sorry, I don't know how to resize pics here.

--------------------------------
"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13560 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Vacation to Post
Picture of Dan
posted Hide Post
Nice. That'll keep you busy for a while. Smiler

Posts: 1534 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Quite an ambitious project! But fun.

What's the situation with contractor availability?

p.s.....I threw your pics on postimages and resized them. I hope I didn't accidentally delete anything....

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37942 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
The pics look fine. Thanks.

I've already got my contractor lined up for summer. This will be our third project together. He gave me the recommendation on a designer. We really like her.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13560 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Exciting stuff!

I like where you’re going with it! ThumbsUp

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Sounds (and looks) lovely. But OMG, I am NEVER remodeling or building AGAIN. Smiler

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20462 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I really like the mixed colors for the cabinets. When we did our remodeling we ended up with mixed countertops because we couldn't afford to use our favorite slab everywhere because we have such amazing designer spidey sense.

I've since seen that mixed colors are the next big thing. You need to show us your progress!

Posts: 35380 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post