well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Hindsight Really is 2020

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hindsight Really is 2020
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34979 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Tradition in Spain:

12 grapes at midnight

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34979 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Mexico, too (presumably brought from Spain).

Posts: 35383 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Will be glad to see 2020 go.
Trying to be optimistic about 2021.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25723 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
The black eyed peas are soaking...

The ham bone is defrosting from Christmas...

We didn't have the traditional New Year's day soup last January 1, due to Mrs. Mark being in the hospital. We think that started the ball rolling in a bad direction for 2020... lol

Posts: 13634 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
Tradition in Spain:

12 grapes at midnight

A dear friend of mine who has posted here once or twice as LatinLady told me yesterday about the "12 grapes at midnight" tradition. She's planning to do eat her grapes tonight while zooming with her 90-year-old father in Barcelona.

She said she'd never been able to get all the grapes down during the twelve strokes of midnight. Finally, her father told her his secret. He seeds and peels them!

She says that she bought seedless grapes, but that she's going to peel them and make sure she eats her grapes during the optimum luck-giving window.

She was driving while we had this conversation. I mentioned that I had my black-eyed peas and collard greens ready to eat tomorrow for my culture's good luck ritual. This prompted her to turn the car around and go buy black-eyed peas and collards. She's going all out for good luck for everybody.

I'm a slacker, because I don't have any grapes in the house and I didn't go out to buy any. I did, however, give her some guidance on how to cook the peas and greens. Smiler

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15518 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Got any raisins?

Wink

I'm having mine in liquid form....

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37972 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post