Notify
Tools

Kamala
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted
What do you think of Kamala?

I read her book and think she is great. I would be happy to have her as VP.

Despite being a Democrat at heart, I could love a Romney/ Cheney ticket. Both very smart with great integrity. I’d love to see them take away the Republican Party from MAGA.

--------------------------------
Be calm, be brave, it'll be okay.

Posts: 17692 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
I'd rather have Buttigieg

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21363 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
Are Romney/Cheney talking about running? Anything to wipe Trump off the stage.

Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
I'd like to see any responsible, capable, non-dogmatic Republican ticket emerge. I had hope for No Labels. This meme has never been more true.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13573 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Romney/Cheney should run, precisely in order to draw votes away from Trump. The only way to a responsible conservative party of the future is through the rubble of the xenophobic, racist, know-nothings who now constitute the base of the GOP.

Romney and Cheney know this. If all they do is snipe from the sidelines they are condemning America to a dismal future.

Posts: 12571 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
This is three presidential elections in a row without a desirable choice, and it's just gotten worse every time. For the first time in my life, I have to decide not which candidate is better for the country, but which one will be the most detrimental. This applies to both parties as well, or what's left of them.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:
I'd like to see any responsible, capable, non-dogmatic Republican ticket emerge. I had hope for No Labels. This meme has never been more true.

ROTFLMAO

czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
Buttigieg is in Montana today and tomorrow. He's meeting with the local Indian tribes to find out about their infrastructure needs. Holding two press conferences. If it wasn't three hours from me I'd go dig out my old Times press pass.

Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
Romney/Cheney should run, precisely in order to draw votes away from Trump.

How do you know Romney/Cheney won't draw votes away from Biden instead?

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12701 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
I like Kamala. I haven't read her book but I sense that her heart and mind are in the right place. She's smart.

No to Romney/Cheney. They are both what is mistakenly called "pro-life". I can't trust either of them. Kudos to Cheney for her work uncovering Trump's failed coup attempt, but that was, after all, a no brainer. That she was just one of a few Republicans standing up for our Democracy is more a reflection of the utter bankruptcy of what used to be the Republican party.

Take the Republican party away from MAGA? Not possible. MAGA has infiltrated the old Republican party to the highest echelons. Most republicans in congress support an authoritarian thug who disdains everything our founding fathers stood for. How about letting what used to be the republican party die? And good riddance.

No to Buttigieg. Don't get him stuck in a VP slot. He will do well on his own in time.

No Labels is an insult to every hard working movement on the ground, so no. It's chutzpah to come around on an election year and say you're running a candidate for president. You can't start at the top. If No Labels wants recognition and acceptance they need to start at the bottom and work their way up. Go local and build consensus and a party from there. So good riddance to them.

I wish it were 2028, not 2024 (At this moment, I wish a lot of things.). But it's 2024 and we need to find some way to get past it. We have Biden/Harris and Trump/???, that's the choice.

http://www.twistandvibrations.blogspot.com/

Posts: 10577 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Mik, Isn't that the truth.

Posts: 24801 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Forum Frequenter
Picture of AD
posted Hide Post
As an observer from across the Pond I don't envy your choice of Biden or Trump. I write this fully aware of some irony when reflecting on our Boris Johnson/Liz Truss/Rishi Sunak triple whammy.

Every morrning the soul is once again as good as new, and again one offers if to one's brothers and sisters in life.

Posts: 387 | Location: Land of the Prince Bishops | Registered: 27 November 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Not a fan of Kamala.

Constant word salad.

Constant inappropriate laughing.

Defensive.

No coherent policy positions.

Not a good fit for VP.

Would be even worse as POTUS.

Just my opinion.

Posts: 24801 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bernard:

No Labels is an insult to every hard working movement on the ground, so no. It's chutzpah to come around on an election year and say you're running a candidate for president. You can't start at the top. If No Labels wants recognition and acceptance they need to start at the bottom and work their way up. Go local and build consensus and a party from there. So good riddance to them.

Starting with the Tea Party, that's exactly how we got MAGA.

Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:
quote:
Originally posted by Bernard:
Go local and build consensus and a party from there. So good riddance to them.
Starting with the Tea Party, that's exactly how we got MAGA.

If I’m not mistaken, I think conservative organizations like Americans for Prosperity helped fan the flames.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13825 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post