well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Squint And What Do You See?

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Squint And What Do You See?
 Login/Join

Foregoing Vacation to Post
Picture of Qaanaaq-Liaaq
posted
Squint at this image and what do you see?

Posts: 1411 | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
I don't know what I'm supposed to see, but what I see is the image of retinas in various stages of being swollen (fluid beneath), except for the top line which shows a normal retina.

I've been reading a lot about retinal diseases and comparative degrees thereof (what various clinical trials yield).

--------------------------------
The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Wish we had a spoiler function...

Famous piece of art.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37940 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
Wish we had a spoiler function...

Famous piece of art.

+1

Posts: 13634 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I see that too.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Didn't see it till I scrolled fast up and down.

At first thought it was a musical phrase as seen through an oscilloscope. Big Grin

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13814 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
In the Seattle bus tunnel, in one station, there is a wall with a series of lines of flashing lights. If you look at one line just right, it forms images. I can almost never see them. I can only see them when I glance quickly as I'm walking by.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
I see that too.

Same!

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
Art! but the picture is big for my screen, so I had to catch it on the scroll.

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9800 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
Dare I say, catching it on the scroll gives an even stronger impression than reducing the size of the picture. Smiler

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12692 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Vacation to Post
Picture of Qaanaaq-Liaaq
posted Hide Post
Amanda:

Yes, the rod and cone bar code image resembles an eye’s retina.

If the image is too large for your screen, hold down the Ctrl key and turn the mouse scroll wheel towards you to shrink the image down to a smaller size. You’ll then see the image within the rod and cone bar code.

I used to have a computer program that would print out the Mona Lisa with a calendar below it on large continuous computer paper.

Posts: 1411 | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
I see that too.

Same!
same

Posts: 19763 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
Actually, my initial reaction was that it was a sound file (like Audacity) with highs, lows, and some clipping…

But I looked harder to see the art!

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9800 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post