well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Shelter Geek Alert

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shelter Geek Alert
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted
A detailed analysis of kitchen trends by Howzz.

The only trend that surprises me is the increase the n the number of countertops that include wood of some sort.

Your thoughts?

Kitchen Trends 2023

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34978 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sustainability Influences Choices

The vast majority of homeowners (92%) incorporate sustainable features during a kitchen renovation. Popular choices include LED bulbs (65%), energy-efficient appliances (61%), water-efficient fixtures (34%) and energy-efficient windows (27%). Plus, nearly half of homeowners (47%) opt for a timeless design as a sustainable choice during renovations. While the most frequently cited reason for incorporating sustainable options is long-run cost-effectiveness (74%), making environmentally friendly choices is also top of mind for 3 in 5 renovating homeowners (54%).

quote:
Among renovating homeowners, 42% upgrade their kitchen because they can no longer stand the style of the old one

Harumph. We're throwing away a lot of perfectly good cabinets. But we're concerned about sustainability.

I didn't see a category for solid surface countertops; I wonder if they got lumped in somewhere else. Am still a huge fan, as I like very quiet, fine patterns on my counter, and I prefer a matte/honed finish. These old eyes can't do shiny dark colors. I see they are still making the Sandstone color of Corian; ours was installed in 1992 and it looks like it did the day it went in.

As far as colors...have been waiting for the grays to go out, and it seems they are. Painted cabinets in blues and greens seem to be popping up on the HGTV remodeling shows, but I'm not a fan of those either. Really strong colors date a remodel. Also glad to see wood tones coming back.

Give me (brown/beige) boring!

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37970 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
What a coincidence that this pops up right now. As I write, our handyman is refurbishing our kitchen cabinets. They are really old built-ins, capacious and deep, with doors flush. Old hardware and veneers were in poor shape, and doors were misaligned and refused to stay shut. We will put in a new range hood too.

They’re gray now (stained) but now we’ll paint them — we haven’t decided on a new color yet.

This is only part of it. There’s a whole “island” with upper and lower cabinets done the same way.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13818 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Seeing metal counters too, which I would avoid. Dents are forever. Butcher block can be refinished, but I still prefer quarts, granite or other solid surface.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13564 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Timely for me, since we're going to have to replace my entire kitchen after the flood/burst pipe.

And I really LIKED my old kitchen. I'm not wanting to update/upgrade anything.

Posts: 35383 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post