well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    This is the best thing since, well, sliced bread...

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This is the best thing since, well, sliced bread...
 Login/Join

Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted
The Bagel Guillotine!

Not only does it work, it's actually fun! And bagels stay fresher if you don't get them pre-sliced. It also works for other things. We got ours from Amazon. If you get bagels frequently, I give it two uncut thumbs up!

Posts: 35380 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
Dishwasher safe?

--------------------------------
www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12692 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
We had one - awhile back - ours worked great on the stiffer bagels, tended to smash the softer ones. (We can’t get good bagels here) But I liked it - super handy!

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20462 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
We had one years ago when the kids were young so they could safely slice!

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7556 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
We have one of those! Yes, dishwasher safe. We had a cheaper version a long time ago, flexy-flimsy. Must have gotten rid of it. Mr. AM bought this one a couple years ago.

I actually like pre-slicing my bagels. We get them at Costco, and they’re ginormous. You have to buy them 2 sleeves at a time, so that means they have to go into the freezer. I put them through the guillotine, but don’t slice all the way through. Turn crosswise, and cut in half with a bread knife. Now I have 2 half bagels, each attached top and bottom. I can take a half bagel from the freezer, pop apart top from bottom, and put it directly in the toaster oven without defrosting. Handy.

Probably more than you wanted to know!

ROTFLMAO

But I like the slicer.

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9801 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post