well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Woodward and Bernstein together again

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Woodward and Bernstein together again
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
Writing an op-ed.

quote:
President George Washington, in his celebrated 1796 Farewell Address, cautioned that American democracy was fragile. “Cunning, ambitious, and unprincipled men will be enabled to subvert the power of the people and to usurp for themselves the reins of government,” he warned.

Two of his successors — Richard Nixon and Donald Trump — demonstrate the shocking genius of our first president’s foresight.

As reporters, we had studied Nixon and written about him for nearly half a century, during which we believed with great conviction that never again would America have a president who would trample the national interest and undermine democracy through the audacious pursuit of personal and political self-interest.

And then along came Trump.

WaPo gift link so even people without a subscription should be able to read it.

https://wapo.st/38RSAfI

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37966 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Remember this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uK8Iowe83-A

There's a new documentary out on Watergate; it features John Dean. Started to watch last night; will have to catch the rest of it on demand....

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37966 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I can't say I remembered it, but when I played it I recognized it. Big Grin

Posts: 35383 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post