well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    No thread about the House self-destructing already?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

No thread about the House self-destructing already?
 Login/Join

Gadfly
Picture of Lisa
posted
Apparently McCarthy has already dropped a "goddammit" and Lauren Bobo yelled back "Bullsh*t"

It's getting nasty already.

Who'da thunk???

popcorn

Posts: 4405 | Location: Suburban Philly, PA | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I don’t have a dog in the fight.

Rooting for injuries.

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
I don’t have a dog in the fight.

Rooting for injuries.

ThumbsUp
They are wounding each other. Those wounds will not heal.
Acrimony on the right will reign.
Sweet.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25712 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
And they wonder why they didn’t do better in the midterms.

It’s like someone said- I didn’t leave the party. The party left me.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13560 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
It’s like someone said- I didn’t leave the party. The party left me.

I think that was me ... Big Grin

Posts: 12539 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Up to six votes and no speaker. Fascinating chaos.

If I were McCarthy, I'd be folding up my tent and heading home (figuratively speaking).

From CNN regarding voting for McCarthy:
quote:
But in a sign of McCarthy’s remaining challenges: Rep. Andy Biggs of Arizona, a prominent member of the opposition group, told CNN he is still a hard no.

On brand.

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
"They pulled the pin and passed the grenade around."- James Carville

Am I the only one that thinks that is hilarious?

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25712 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CHAS:
"They pulled the pin and passed the grenade around."- James Carville

Am I the only one that thinks that is hilarious?

Nope.

How will it end, though?

I don’t see the nutters giving up. As long as they stick together, they can get what they want.

Those people do not care about democracy or the country. They have shut down the government many times; they stole a Supreme Court seat; they want to impeach Biden out of spite; they supported a coup. They are drunk with power.

Maybe the Dems will negotiate a power sharing agreement with the non-crazies. Not yet, though. Not yet.

Posts: 19764 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Maybe the Dems will negotiate a power sharing agreement with the non-crazies. Not yet, though. Not yet.

Interesting idea.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Vacation to Post
Picture of Dan
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Interesting idea.
I read an article suggesting the Dems should offer to support a truly moderate Republican. Someone who's firmly in the middle politics wise. Then the Dems 212 votes plus another 6 moderate Republicans gives us a winner. Seems like a good idea to me. It would basically force the House to be run from compromise for this session.

Posts: 1534 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Lisa
posted Hide Post
"We never had this kind of chaos when I was speaker" -- George Santos.

(stolen from facebook....) Big Grin

Posts: 4405 | Location: Suburban Philly, PA | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
ROTFLMAO

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37942 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dan:
quote:
quote:

Interesting idea.
I read an article suggesting the Dems should offer to support a truly moderate Republican. Someone who's firmly in the middle politics wise. Then the Dems 212 votes plus another 6 moderate Republicans gives us a winner. Seems like a good idea to me. It would basically force the House to be run from compromise for this session.

Very interesting. The Crazy 20 driving the entire GOP caucus to the center...could be a productive thing for the House overall.

We've seen the power that individuals have when margins are razor thin, as we did with Manchin and Sinema in the Senate. I think we're going to continue to have this kind of stuff keep happening, sometimes on the left and sometimes on the right.

What scares me right now is the McCarthy is willing to give the Crazy 20 even more power than they already have, just to get the speakership. How can he possibly lead effectively if, as the saying goes, they have him well and truly by the you-know-whats....

Buckle up. It could be a rough ride.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37942 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
More on a coalition.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/05...t-matters/index.html

Bazootiehead-in-training