well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    What's Trump Hiding: Place Your Bets!
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's Trump Hiding: Place Your Bets!
 Login/Join

Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
No one thinks there will be anything with his pal Putin?

The more we learn about Trump and his minions, the dumber they are. I could see them writing up all sorts of incriminating things regarding the election as well - Dominion Voting, Russian election tampering, searching for more on Hillary, links with Proud Boys and other vigilante groups, or even your basic quid pro quo deals. Then they figure "I'll just mark this as classified and no one will ever find it."

I've also read that Trump has certain hoarding characteristics. Apparently he loves getting "souvenirs" of his various adventures. Why not hoard some of his particular favorite souvenirs from when he was Prez? We already know he doesn't think laws pertain to him, and he's too dumb to realize that just marking a document as "declassified" doesn't mean it's now his to do with as he wishes.

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
….just marking a document as "declassified" doesn't mean it's now his to do with as he wishes.

You might change your mind after you hear the argument that Rudy Giuliani makes on the case when he argues it in front of the Supreme Courtyard by Marriott.

Posts: 10334 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
The big one apparently is that, in the case of nuclear secrets, the declassification needs to be approved by the Department of Energy.

To which Trump says, as President, I can do anything I want, and I don't need the permission of some bureaucrat.

Except that it's a law, or so I have read.

Posts: 45742 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I posted this in the other thread….maybe Trump is just totally disorganized…

https://www.nbcnews.com/politi...ago-search-rcna42935

I’m still sure he kept some souvenirs, too.

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37922 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
I posted this in the other thread….maybe Trump is just totally disorganized…

https://www.nbcnews.com/politi...ago-search-rcna42935

I’m still sure he kept some souvenirs, too.

They are trying to excuse the inexcusable. Doesn't wash.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21351 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Interesting. I didn't take it as trying to excuse the inexcusable. The disorganized part is consistent with how he operated; that's been documented for years. That doesn't mean he didn't keep some things intentionally. I think they're acknowledging both.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37922 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug:

You might change your mind after you hear the argument that Rudy Giuliani makes on the case when he argues it in front of the Supreme Courtyard by Marriott.

ROTFLMAO

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25705 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug:
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
….just marking a document as "declassified" doesn't mean it's now his to do with as he wishes.

ThumbsUp

Posts: 12536 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post