well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Need your help with a Simon and Garfunkel (I think) song name

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need your help with a Simon and Garfunkel (I think) song name
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted
Could be that it was just one of them, not both - but I’m trying to find the music for it and I can’t remember the name and google is no help when I hum it or type in the few words I “think” I remember: “and I feel like I’m dying”. So I did my best on the piano on part of the melody/chorus in this youtube clip - anybody recognize it?

https://youtu.be/UTtgfrrmYAY

--------------------------------
Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20462 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
American Tune?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCmgKSUXH18

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37942 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
YES!!!!! Thank you!!

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20462 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I love that song, too. I had forgotten that it was on Rhymin' Simon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OEWBq_jzuA

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37942 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
How awesome!!

Also, re the Watson thread, this is why AI still isn't ready to take over all human tasks.

Ole

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18528 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Full disclosure: If it weren't for DuckDuckGo, I would have been here two weeks from now, trying to remember the song. Big Grin

I did a search for "Simon and Garfunkel like I'm dying" and as soon as the results came up, I knew which song it was and double checked it against jodi's piano snippet. Could even sing along.

But I'm not sure I ever knew the title was American Tune until today.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
When I have a fragment of a song stuck in my head, I search for “lyrics fragment”.

Like “lyrics I laid traps for troubadours”. This usually works even if you don’t get all the words right, like “lyrics I laid tracks for troubadours”, or was it “Anastasia screamed in pain” or was it “Anastasia screamed in vain”?

Not sure if you will get the right song if you search for “lyrics ‘scuse me while I kiss this guy” or “lyrics there’s a bathroom on the right”.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
Tune isn't Paul Simon

Knew it was too familiar.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25712 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
Tune isn't Paul Simon

Paul Simon .. Bach ... Simon ... Bach ...

Oh well.

Posts: 12539 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I just recently learned that it wasn't an original tune... perhaps I learned it here at WTF?

So it's not like I am channeling years of hymnal knowledge or anything. (Though so many years of choral accompaniment has resulted in my really liking a lot of hymns.)

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post