well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Today’s plumbing project
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Today’s plumbing project
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kluurs:
As for the toilet replacement vs floor tile issue....

We had a similar thing with a broken liner to the bathtub. Replacing it would have cost us about $300...but then...we could replace the liner with a real tub - maybe a wider one...and if we're going to do that, we could replace the floor - and if we did that we could replace the sink and tile on the walls - and if we did that, we could install new water lines that would improve the water pressure - and if we did that, we'd need to move out a brief time - and if we did that why not replace all of the pipes in the house -- and if we did that we could replace the kitchen cabinets - and if we did that we could replace the sink and countertop - and if we did that we could replace the damaged kitchen floor .. and if we did that, we could replace the ceiling with the popcorn coating in the hallway... it actually goes on a bit but essentially, we ended up spending $95,000 in lieu of a spending $300 on a tub liner.

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34975 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
so if i was to post pics, how would i do it? whatever method i used to use in the olden days appears to be kaput.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21352 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I upload to Flickr, select share, select BB code and paste in to the picture block on the reply screen on this board. Flicker gives you the option of resizing the picture before copying it, which is convenient.

Doing it that way will result in additional Flickr text being posted with the picture but it’s not hard to get rid of if you don’t like it.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34975 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
I go to imgur dot com. It’s free and easy to upload a picture, then immediately click “get share codes” and get the BB code. It really helps to have already sized the picture to 800 x 600 or so. Their own editor isn’t too sophisticated.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kluurs:
As for the toilet replacement vs floor tile issue....

We had a similar thing with a broken liner to the bathtub. Replacing it would have cost us about $300...but then...we could replace the liner with a real tub - maybe a wider one...and if we're going to do that, we could replace the floor - and if we did that we could replace the sink and tile on the walls - and if we did that, we could install new water lines that would improve the water pressure - and if we did that, we'd need to move out a brief time - and if we did that why not replace all of the pipes in the house -- and if we did that we could replace the kitchen cabinets - and if we did that we could replace the sink and countertop - and if we did that we could replace the damaged kitchen floor .. and if we did that, we could replace the ceiling with the popcorn coating in the hallway... it actually goes on a bit but essentially, we ended up spending $95,000 in lieu of a spending $300 on a tub liner.

Have you ever read the children's book "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie"?

I found a flip page for it...

https://fliphtml5.com/piaso/cmnd/basic

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13563 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post