well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Anyone used BLINDS.COM?

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone used BLINDS.COM?
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted
Need some new window treatments to go with new wall colors. Just wondering if anyone has experience with this outfit.

--------------------------------
"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13561 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
I haven't used them myself, but they are on my radar, so hopefully someone here will have something to share?

And if you order from them, please report back!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18538 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Haven't used blinds.com, but have a couple of friends who have. They were satisfied with the products.

We've used Home Depot for years to order the materials and have installed them ourselves. Our HD has a great person named Sandy in the department and she always lets us know when the sales are happening; some manufacturer or another is always running a deal.

I like being able to try the blinds out to see how the mechanism operates; HD has lots of installed samples you can play with.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37953 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I have not used Binds.com but I have used Americanblind.com and was happy with them.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
twit
Beatification Candidate
Picture of kluurs
posted Hide Post
No, sorry. The windows in our living room had some nice cafe curtains on them from the previous owner. We replaced all of the windows with new casement full frame windows - a dusty, messy business. We couldn't decide on window treatments for about 8 years whereupon we got some shades from JC Penny - which I installed. We use them about once a year. The MIL was horrified that we walk about in front of highly viewable windows - but so far no arrests.

Posts: 9598 | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
I have blinds from blinds.com in my rental. They are an okay quality budget cellular shade. I'm much happier with the custom cellular shades we got at Lowe's last year.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21351 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Turned out very well. Just ordered 4 more for the master upstairs.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Did you order a brand name, or their blinds.com version?

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37953 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Bali and Levelor, which is now owner by Hunter Douglas.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I ordered some blinds from blinds.com a few days ago. We had pleated shades in the dining room and the cord got frayed and finally broke on one of them. Fixing the cord wasn't much cheaper than the cost of a blind. It was a convenient excuse to get rid of the pleated shades, which I had never been very thrilled about.

And there was a 50% off thing for Labor Day.

We have practical-but-not-terribly fashionable aluminum mini-blinds in the rest of the house. Levelor. Decided to go with the same blinds for these windows.

There are two adjacent windows where the blinds go, and I wanted the factory to match the slats so when they hang side-by-side the lines are straight across. I couldn't find any such option in the online ordering form, so I called and ended up working with a real person on the phone. He was able to do a "match group", and also answered a couple of questions I had.

Should be here in a couple of weeks!

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Blinds arrived pretty promptly. No problems. Well, except I wish I'd gotten the privacy slats so that I didn't get as much light coming through the holes where the cords go through the slats.

Otherwise, would definitely recommend the site as far as customer service and prices (I caught a Labor Day sale) are concerned.

Bazootiehead-in-training