Tools

WORLDLE
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
I now do wordle, dordle, wordle español, wordle portuguese, and worldle every morning.

I am limited to English, but I've started doing wordle, dordle, quordle, and worldle.

Worldle is interesting. I got it in three today, despite having NO IDEA what I was looking at. The lack of scale is disconcerting. I guessed something literally on the other side of the world--16,616 kilometers away--then used Jon's it-must-be-one-of-the-three-little-ones-in-the-corner method. It worked, but it didn't leave me feeling like the queen of geography, that's for sure.

--------------------------------
Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15518 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Today's Worldle was actually rather difficult ...

#Worldle #25 1/6

Posts: 12552 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
I managed quordle today (yesterday I only got three). I do wordle espanol, and wordle, and I’ve been doing worldle by cheating and looking at a map (Which is still *really* hard). Big Grin

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20467 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
There is a continent about which I know way, way too little, so much so that I'd like to visit there.

On the second guess, I knew that the Wordle was located there. The third guess was a shot in the dark that I chose because I at least knew what quadrant it was in, and it was adjacent to the Wordle country.

So then I made a wild-azz guess of another country in that quadrant and got it.

It was such a lucky guess that I can't even pat myself on the back in good faith.

I'm going to learn way more from this one than from Wordle. (Which I do still love.)

Mary Anna Evans
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15518 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
I got it in two. First pick was an adjacent country that I knew was wrong, but I wanted to see the directional and distance hints.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33801 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Today's worldle is incredibly difficult ... NOT. Big Grin

Posts: 12552 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
Failed it today.

Might've gotten it with some sense of scale, but not as a disembodied shape.

Alas.

Mary Anna Evans
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
I came here to say ‘bastards did it again’. Same little corner.

Got it in three by distance clues and elimination

Posts: 33801 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
It occurred to me that the bastards might have done that, but I wasted my turns wallowing around that continent.

Mary Anna Evans
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Yeah, it was hard. Once I decided it was in that particular continent, only two countries fit the bill, and the shape pushed toward the "same little corner" as Jon said.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
When I have no idea I’ll guess a totally wrong country at the edge of a continent to point me in the right direction. For this one I started with France (which I knew was wrong), then Uruguay based on the direction and distance. Then it told me north I knew it was one of the remaining two countries up there

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
This'll sound a bit smug, I know, but I haven't missed one yet. I have been forced a couple of times to make an educated guess, and they have been correct. Like today's and Liberia a few days ago. But they were high probability guesses. I'm waiting for some obscure places that have nondescript shapes to show up ... Big Grin

Like Sierra Leone.

When eldest was in middle school, he pointed out to one of his teachers that the map he was using had mis-drawn Eritrea. The teacher pulled him aside and asked him if he wanted to join the model UN team. ROTFLMAO

Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
When I have no idea I’ll guess a totally wrong country at the edge of a continent to point me in the right direction. For this one I started with France (which I knew was wrong), then Uruguay based on the direction and distance. Then it told me north I knew it was one of the remaining two countries up there

I need to try that strategy. I got to Uruguay a couple of turns later than you did.

Mary Anna Evans
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
So I do the cloud thing and imagine what the shape looks like, (today there was a face, a couple of days ago it was a guy riding a horse) and then look at the world map and find them that way. When my son was a toddler we has a wooden state puzzle map and he could tell us the state names By their shape. I think I need a wooden world puzzle.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20467 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
This'll sound a bit smug, I know, but I haven't missed one yet. I have been forced a couple of times to make an educated guess, and they have been correct. Like today's and Liberia a few days ago. But they were high probability guesses.

You got them all in a single guess? I’ve done in 3 or less without looking at a map.

I will eventually whiff on a small African country.