well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Elemental

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Elemental
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted
New animated feature from Pixar. It’s on Disney+. My brother had a hand in the production.

Doubt most of you do Disney+ but it’s definitely worth a look. Brilliant concept, brilliant story, brilliant animation. Grandson and I are watching it on two completely different levels and we’re both enjoying it.

I think I’ve seen the future.

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34945 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
I almost clicked on that last night - maybe I'll give it a watch!

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7555 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
If you do, and as you consider the classical themes addressed in the film, try to imagine what it is that had my 4 year old grandson transfixed through the whole thing. He couldn’t take his eyes off of it even as I guarantee he didn’t understand any of it.

That’s some next level animation right there.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34945 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up. Disney+ has a deal for $1.99 a month for three months; I think the deal ends September 20th. This may give me an excuse to try out Disney!

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37897 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
Grandson and I are watching it on two completely different levels and we’re both enjoying it.

I think I’ve seen the future.

I heard a story on NPR the other day ... this trend of "two different levels" of kids' movies started with Shrek, according to the movie critic who was being interviewed. So a couple of decades ago.

She also pointed out that there are virtually no G-rated movies any more. Elemental, as an example, like most Pixar movies, is PG.

Posts: 45738 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I thought "two different levels" started with Rocky and Bullwinkle back in the late 50s/early 60s.... Big Grin

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37897 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
I thought "two different levels" started with Rocky and Bullwinkle back in the late 50s/early 60s.... Big Grin

yep. and Bugs Bunny. and Popeye. And Mighty Mouse. And, and and and...

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21351 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post