well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Fully Vaccinated People Can ...

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fully Vaccinated People Can ...
 Login/Join

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted
... hang out together.

Says the CDC

Posts: 12523 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
And also:

quote:
Fully immunized Americans can also visit with low-risk individuals from other households even if they haven’t yet received a vaccine.

happydance

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34881 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
But still not recommending travel.

quote:
And she reiterated that the CDC’s guidance on travel has not changed: For the moment, the agency recommends that even fully vaccinated Americans refrain from intercity travel on trains, buses, and airplanes.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37847 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
ThumbsUp
Now if only Don's would get notice from the vaccination lottery that he has an appointment.
He is 63 and has a poor immune system from numerous cancer treatments.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25697 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
But still not recommending travel.

quote:
And she reiterated that the CDC’s guidance on travel has not changed: For the moment, the agency recommends that even fully vaccinated Americans refrain from intercity travel on trains, buses, and airplanes.

Hard to imagine that that restriction will last too much longer as immunization rates rise.

Posts: 12523 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Just call me Ms Sunshine...

We still don't know how long immunity lasts. I hope they're following up with the people who where in Phase 1 and Phase 2/3 trials.

We don't know for certain how well the vaccines or natural immunity work against the known variants. There seem to be examples of people who were sick with the native virus now coming down with a variant.

We don't know if vaccinated people can spread the virus.

I'm really glad we have vaccines and people are getting vaccinated, but I'm not relaxing quite yet....

hide

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37847 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
I'm with you, Ms. Sunshine. I am greatly encouraged that vaccination seems to be highly effective at preventing hospitalization and death. But I want to know how long that "immunity" (since you aren't really immune) lasts, I want to know how well they protect against variants, and, most importantly, I want to see case rates dropping precipitously.

Posts: 45733 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Re Ms. Sunshine: I basically had that exact conversation with my mother a few minutes ago. I told her I thought it was irresponsible of the CDC to be announcing this now.

They should have called me first.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18386 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
tl,dr

Here's the legal take from a blog I subscribe to (Oregon only):

For the purposes of the guidance, a person is considered “fully vaccinated” after it has been at least two weeks after that person received the second dose in a 2-dose series (currently, the Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna vaccine) or at least two weeks after that person received a single-dose vaccine (the Johnson and Johnson/Janssen vaccine).

Under the new recommendations, fully vaccinated people can:
Visit with other fully vaccinated people indoors without wearing masks or physical distancing;
Visit with unvaccinated people from a single household who are at low risk for severe COVID-19 disease indoors without wearing masks or physical distancing; and
Refrain from quarantine and testing following a known exposure if asymptomatic (unless employed in a high-density workplace, such as a correctional and detention facility, group home, or meat processing or manufacturing plant).

However, the CDC still recommends that fully vaccinated people take precautions like wearing a well-fitted mask and physical distancing when in public or while visiting unvaccinated people who have an increased risk for severe COVID-19 disease or when visiting with unvaccinated people from multiple households.

Also, each state (unless your Texas) may also mandate or "strongly suggest" additional precautions regardless of vaccine status.

Posts: 35371 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
unvaccinated people from a single household who are at low risk for severe COVID-19 disease

This is one thing I really don't like.

I don't think we really know who is at low risk for severe covid.

Posts: 18386 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
How about un vaccinated people who refuse to be vaccinated or think the whole think the whole thing is a hoax?

Can I hang out with them?

Posts: 34881 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:

No!!!!! Leaving

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShiroKuro:
quote:

No!!!!! Leaving

Why not? Everyone makes their own choices and I’m pretty much protected...

Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why not? Everyone makes their own choices and I’m pretty much protected...

The snarky answer: you wouldn't want them to think that you condone their behavior or beliefs.

The more serious answer: we still don't know to what degree the vaccines prevent transmission, so you should avoid them for their own good.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
The further answer: the vaccine protects against hospitalization and death moreso than against less severe illness.

Posts: 45733 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post