well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Salad Frosting

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Salad Frosting
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted
Salad frosting is now a thing.

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34922 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
In a marketing gimmick that was almost definitely conceived after several bong rips

ROTFLMAO

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18438 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
There is no hope. Roll Eyes

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20448 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I never really had issues with my kids eating veggies. They had ones they didn't like (who doesn't?), but basically we slapped food on their plate and they ate it or didn't. If there was a veggie they hated, I tried not to serve it, or didn't insist that they clean their plate or "just try it one more time..." No need to turn dinner into a gigantic battle of wills.

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
I never really had issues with my kids eating veggies. They had ones they didn't like (who doesn't?), but basically we slapped food on their plate and they ate it or didn't. If there was a veggie they hated, I tried not to serve it, or didn't insist that they clean their plate or "just try it one more time..." No need to turn dinner into a gigantic battle of wills.

This was basically our approach.

There were a few battles of wills, particularly with iron-willed Muffin's Sister, but they now eat pretty much everything and, in fact, have foodie leanings.

Those leanings suit their temperaments, as I guess everyone's do.

My son engineers the week's food on Sunday afternoons, lining up his instant pots and preparing healthy one-pot meals for family dinners and for packing into his lunches. He enjoys engineering cauliflower into new and different forms. (Fried rice! Mashed potatoes! Shepherd's pie!)

Muffin's Sister is a pastry chef, so she can bring artistic decadence to the table at will, but she has a family to feed so she can do healthy food, too. Her boys are pretty open-minded about trying new foods.

Muffin and her partner are mostly vegetarian these days, and they can both whip up some amazing things: stir-fries and ramen and fancy avocado toast. They did a Friendsgiving with a pretty big crowd last year and she said, "It was really great, but I was so exhausted when it was over. Then I realized that this was how my parents felt every year."

Now you're learning, Grasshopper.

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15510 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post