well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Rethinking dining out

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rethinking dining out
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
A restaurant in suburban Long Grove is putting a unique twist on dining out during the pandemic by setting up RVs for private dining. Chatter Box, which is located at 330 Old McHenry Rd., created the new, innovative offering called "Camp Find-A-Way" to help people have a nice dining experience while helping them stay safe, according to a restaurant spokesman.

https://www.nbcchicago.com/new...-dining-rvs/2400010/

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37951 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Love it!

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7556 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Expensive tables ... Big Grin

Posts: 12539 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
When one party leaves, aren't they leaving a small confined space full of aerosols containing COVID, plus fomites on all the surfaces?

Are the restaurants going to fumigate in between customers?

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15513 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
For those concerned about ventilation, the restaurant said each camper is equipped with HEPA filers and UV lights.

"Fresh air is brought in from the outside and heated," a post on its Facebook page read. "...Then air is pulled outside through the vent exhaust vent fan, which allows the air to be continuously circulated and turned over. We also clean and sanitize in between every seating and everyone entering must sanitize their hands first."

Do you think these measures are sufficient?

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37951 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
It wouldn't be sufficient for me. Too many nooks and crannies.

But then, I'm probably at the far end of the carefulness spectrum.

Posts: 45748 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
quote:
For those concerned about ventilation, the restaurant said each camper is equipped with HEPA filers and UV lights.

"Fresh air is brought in from the outside and heated," a post on its Facebook page read. "...Then air is pulled outside through the vent exhaust vent fan, which allows the air to be continuously circulated and turned over. We also clean and sanitize in between every seating and everyone entering must sanitize their hands first."

Do you think these measures are sufficient?

Absolutely not.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by QuirtEvans:
It wouldn't be sufficient for me. Too many nooks and crannies.

But then, I'm probably at the far end of the carefulness spectrum.

I wouldn’t be going either, but then we didn’t eat out very often befoe COVID Times.

I don’t have the right background to assess whether the measures they are taking are adequate.

The story caught my eye because these folks are thinking outside of the box and trying to reinvent their business. I know a number of people whose businesses are decimated and who are heading to the brink of financial disaster. It’s hard to watch. Looking for signs of hope, I guess.

Bazootiehead-in-training