well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Oh Joy, We can Give it to Dogs

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Oh Joy, We can Give it to Dogs
 Login/Join

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted
Coronavirus, of course

Which means, I presume, that they can become a reservoir and give it back to us.

Posts: 12539 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
/thread hijack

Canines have their very own coronaviruses, one respiratory and one enteric. Fortunately neither one is a very big deal for them.

There are core vaccines and non-core vaccines for dogs. There is a vaccine for the enteric virus, but it's not only not part of the core or the non-core protocols, it's actually *not* recommended according to the most recent version of the AAHA Canine Vaccination Guidelines.

A vet we knew twenty plus years ago called it the vaccine in search of a disease....the recommendations finally caught up....

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37940 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
I read it might have started in birds or pigs.

Posts: 24724 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post