well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Happy Halloween!

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Happy Halloween!
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
I think we're gonna have a lot of leftover candy...

Snow squall!

Hard to believe we were in the upper 70s just a week ago.

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37957 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Boy, was I wrong. It was windy and cold and snowing off and on. Weather cleared a little just before trick or treating hours. We usually don't get a lot of kids, but today we set a record with maybe 70 of them coming by.

wtg's first Halloween, with our neighbors Diane and Carol.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37957 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
We have one group so far, and a bag of tootsie pops I may have to consume myself if we dont get more.

Be calm, be brave, it'll be okay.

Posts: 17680 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Are you the adult or the girl?

I don't celebrate Halloween.

I never liked it particularly
growing up.

Posts: 24724 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Tomorrow is my late grandmother's birthday incidentally.

Tomorrow will be All Saints' Day. I wish "my religion" celebrated it.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I'm the little one. I think I was about two and a half. We had moved to our new house earlier that year. The neighbors took me under their wings. I'm an only child, and it was like having a couple of older sisters to do stuff with.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Weird thing this year...we bought the big bag of all mini chocolate candies at Costco. The package had M&Ms (plain and peanut), Reese's, Milky Way, 100 Grand, Snickers, Twix (Left and Right!), KitKat, and York peppermint patties. I was shocked when a bunch of kids got all excited about the York patties. They were the second most requested candy behind M&Ms.

Go figure.

Bazootiehead-in-training

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Great pics, WTG!

This is our first Halloween in this neighborhood, and Mr. SK had a Zoom meeting right in the middle of TorTing time, so a few days ago we decided not to give out candy (kept the porch light off).

But we will next year, now that we saw the neighborhood.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18553 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
We had 49 kids last night, but it was a little chilly. We were set for 75. Always enjoy the kids.

My daughter's first time trick or treating, about 18 months or so.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13562 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel:
Tomorrow is my late grandmother's birthday incidentally.

Remembering your grandma today.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Sweet photo, Mik. Smiler

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Samurai trash collectors.

quote:
Samurai trash collectors clean Tokyo streets after Halloween revels

https://www.reuters.com/world/...n-revels-2023-11-01/

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Thanks, wtg.