well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    The guy is just pure class

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The guy is just pure class
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
How are people like Grisham (and her predecessor Huckabee Sanders) able to face the prospect of going to work each day....

quote:
The White House said that President Donald Trump was “just riffing” when he took a swipe at the late Rep. John Dingell during a raucous impeachment-day rally, drawing a quick rebuke from the longtime Michigan congressman's widow and successor in the House.

White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham said Thursday on ABC's “Good Morning America" that she did not know why Trump decided to suggest that Dingell was in hell. “You'd have to talk to the president about that," she said.

But Grisham added that Trump is a "counter-puncher," and suggested Trump was venting his frustration after being impeached by the House. "It was a very very supportive and wild crowd and he was just riffing on some of the things that had been happening the past few days.”

Trump told the Battle Creek rally that Debbie Dingell had thanked him profusely for providing “A-plus treatment” after her husband's death in February, including ordering flags flown at half-staff.

He quoted her as saying, “Thank you so much. John would be so thrilled. He's looking down.”

Then he added: “I said, 'That's OK. Don't worry about it.' Maybe he's looking up. I don't know.”

The remark drew wary oohs and aahs from the crowd in Michigan, where John Dingell was a powerful advocate for the state he represented for more than 59 years. The comment came shortly after Debbie Dingell voted in favor of two articles of impeachment against the president.

Trump then offered: “But let's assume he's looking down.”

Debbie Dingell tweeted her response, telling Trump: “Mr. President, let’s set politics aside. My husband earned all his accolades after a lifetime of service. I’m preparing for the first holiday season without the man I love. You brought me down in a way you can never imagine and your hurtful words just made my healing much harder.”

John Dingell was the longest-serving member of Congress in U.S. history

His widow wasn't the only one upset by the president's comment.

Republican congressman Fred Upton of Michigan, who voted against impeaching Trump, tweeted: “I’ve always looked up to John Dingell - my good friend and a great Michigan legend. There was no need to 'dis' him in a crass political way. Most unfortunate and an apology is due.”

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37940 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Another classy fella.

quote:
A Denver radio station has canceled a conservative talk show after one of its hosts on Wednesday wished for a "nice school shooting" to interrupt the media coverage surrounding the impeachment proceedings against President Trump.

Chuck Bonniwell, a conservative radio host, made the remarks during 710 KNUS's "Chuck & Julie" afternoon program. After noting the "never-ending impeachment" of Trump, Bonniwell joked that "you wish for a nice school shooting to interrupt."

Julie Hayden, his wife and co-host, immediately interjected, telling Bonniwell, "Don’t even say that."

"No, don’t even say that. Don’t call us. Chuck didn’t say that," she added, prompting Bonniwell to try and walk back the statement by saying he wouldn't want anyone to "be hurt."

Just hours later, 710 KNUS Denver released a statement saying that the radio show had been canceled following Bonniwell's "inappropriate" remarks.

"Given the history of school violence that has plagued our community, 710 KNUS confirms that an inappropriate comment was made on the Chuck & Julie show by co-host Chuck Bonniwell," the station said in a statement. "A programming decision was made to end the program immediately."

https://thehill.com/homenews/m...e-school-shooting-to

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37940 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Wow.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post