well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    A family member has it
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A family member has it
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rontuner:
Ugh - for some, it's like a head cold... One of my friends had "the worst sore throat ever" kind.

It is still so unpredictable how each person's body will respond!

This.

Posts: 24724 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
She finished the paxlovid two days ago. We saw her (from a distance) last night. She was chipper and her earache had mostly resolved.

This morning she was back to miserable. Pax rebound. I just took some cold meds over to her.

We hope it blows over quickly.

Anyone know how long rebound typically lasts?

--------------------------------
pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Lisa
posted Hide Post
My rebound was pretty bad for 1 day, noticeably better by the second day, and pretty much gone by day 4 or so. And overall the rebound symptoms at their worst were still way less severe than I felt with the initial bout before starting the paxlovid. Obiviously I have a sample pool of 1, so take that info for what it's worth.

Posts: 4408 | Location: Suburban Philly, PA | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
overall the rebound symptoms at their worst were still way less severe than I felt with the initial bout before starting the paxlovid

I wonder how common this is. And also what research shows about longer-term benefits of paxlovid, have you read anything about this?

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18552 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
I hope she’s feeling better soon!

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9801 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
She has asked one of us to deliver KFC to her tomorrow. I’ll take that as a positive.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
I would think so.

Please keep us updated.

Every person's symptoms can differ as Ron said.

She's in my thoughts.

I'm going to put this here because I don't want draw attention to it.

SO's maternal aunt visited his mother from Tennessee (where the family is from including SO).

Long story short, she was sick when she was here, with vomiting and diarrhea. She was sick when she got home and had a heart attack.

SO's mother told me she told her sister she had Covid. In other words, she had it when she was visiting.

SO's mother came down with the same symptoms yesterday. Of course we're waiting to hear more today.

I apologize for the thread hijack. Feel free to ignore it. I'm stressed and wanted to post this news (which might be nothing) at WTF.

I'm getting more accurate and complete information about Covid experiences here than "IRL." I'm finding people "IRL" are reticent to talk about them.

Posts: 24724 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
How frightening, Daniel - I am so sorry. It is very stressful, especially since people’s bodies react to differently to the disease.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20467 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
She has tested negative twice now. Mrs pj is over there today helping her cook some meals she can nuke and eat in the coming week. She starts her new job on Tuesday and there is much rejoicing.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com