well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    InstantHandz

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

InstantHandz
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted
In Phoenix there’s a group called “InstantHandz” that acts as a labor broker for vets and their families. I just learned there’s a group called “Back Savers” in southern Oregon. They’re app based, and have people listed with any number of skills.

I’ve used InstantHandz people a couple of times in PHX and it’s a terrific service. I’ve gotten a sports med student a couple of times (he has a truck and hauls stuff away) and a bartender who wants stuff to do during the day. One guy even has a Bobcat skid steer loader, a bargain at $125/hr. Spade the garden, clean the house, put together flat pack furniture - you can find someone. Taskrabbit will provide people but at some $75/hr. I’ve been paying $20.

I don’t know how they handle payroll taxes and I’m not sure I care. Home Depot laborers all want $20 per hour now and you have to pick them up, deliver them back, and feed them lunch.

Does your town have one of these services? InstantHandz will be in the OC within the next few months and I’m looking forward to it.

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34943 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
I've never heard of it, but from their website it looks like the set up is similar to services like ... IIRC Mr Handyman or Mr. Fixit (which are probably the same as Taskrabbit?) where you submit your info (the job, your location) and then they link you up with someone. I didn't have good luck with either of those services. Still, the point (I think) is that these services are only as good as the people working for them...

Anyway, thanks for this info. I'll keep InstantHandz on my radar, there seems to be a shortage of contractors around here, as everywhere I guess!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18467 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
P.S. I contacted InstantHandz, they're not out here yet.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18467 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post