well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    COVID odds and ends
Page 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

COVID odds and ends
 Login/Join

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sharon tested positive today.

Steve, oh no!! Here's hoping it stays mild and resolves quickly.

As for you, can you sleep in the guest room and make sure you and she don't use the same bathroom? Both of you could mask up.

Maybe you could avoid it? It might be worth a try.

Either, best wishes to you all for quick recovery and health!!

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18524 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
We're all going to get it at some point, and you guys have done everything humanly possible to prepare.

I'm confident that you'll be fine!

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37941 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Yup, I have it, and like when I used to get the flu (before flu shots) it makes me very tired with a side of fever.

I took a four hour nap today and plan to go to bed early. With any luck this is as bad as it gets.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
With any luck this is as bad as it gets.

Fingers crossed for you!

How is Sharon?

Posts: 18524 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Sharon feels worse than I do. She has a cough and chest congestion. Not bad yet but worth watching

Thanks for asking.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sharon feels worse than I do. She has a cough and chest congestion. Not bad yet but worth watching

Frowner
Hope it resolves quickly!!

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Here's a novel approach:

Quebec’s cannabis, liquor stores to require coronavirus vaccination proof

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Steve, I'm sorry to hear this.

The more I research this the more I think all of us might get it, sadly. Frowner

Posts: 24724 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis' administration said during a press conference on Thursday that between 800,000 and 1 million COVID-19 tests stockpiled by the state had expired in a warehouse, while it simultaneously announced a plan to send up to 1 million COVID-19 tests to seniors.

Kevin Guthrie, the director of Florida's Division of Emergency Management, joined DeSantis at the press conference and disclosed the gaffe in response to questions from reporters.

"We had between 800,000 and a million test kits, Abbott rapid test kits, in our warehouse that did expire," Guthrie said. He added that the tests expired in the last week of December. He said there wasn't adequate demand to use them. DeSantis added that he was asking the Biden administration to extend the expiration dates on the batch of tests.

https://www.businessinsider.co...-in-warehouse-2022-1

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37941 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel:
Steve, I'm sorry to hear this.

The more I research this the more I think all of us might get it, sadly. Frowner

But maybe by the time we do (if this is accurate) it will have gotten effectively diluted.

That is, however contagious, it will have become far less dangerous. Just look, the Omicrom variant though still lethal for some (predictors not yet understood), it appears not even to affect the lungs - the "ground glass" pneumonia having been pathognomic.

OR clotting in all the organs, including even the tiniest clots in capillaries.

Don't even know if it's still damaging taste and smell which used to be a key diagnostic symptom.

As long it stops triggering cardiomyopathy, particularly in the young (another mystery). (Do I remember this right?)

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
Steve, very sorry you've been struck down. Frowner
That said, have you (pl) been tested for variant (especially in view of my immediately previous pronouncements)?

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Amanda:
Steve, very sorry you've been struck down. Frowner
That said, have you (pl) been tested for variant (especially in view of my immediately previous pronouncements)?

No we haven't.

It doesn't seem important to me as the treatment is the same for all of the different variants and about all you can do is ride it out.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
A Texas team comes up with a COVID vaccine that could be a global game changer

https://www.npr.org/sections/g...-global-game-changer

Bazootiehead-in-training

Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
quote:
A Texas team comes up with a COVID vaccine that could be a global game changer

https://www.npr.org/sections/g...-global-game-changer

That certainly does sound like a "game-changer" in that it would (almost, hopefully) nullify the long-standing cost-benefit question of whether it would be more useful for rich countries to pay towards vaccinating significant numbers of the poor ones or spend the $ on vaccinating their own citizens - over and over again.

The thought being that as long as the multitudes remain unvaccinated, we're leaving a cauldron to incubate (do cauldrons incubate?) potential variants to continue circling the globe with incessant surges.

Crossing fingers.

(Wonder how the big Pharma cos will react. Can't help suspecting they'll be underwriting their scientists to find reasons to diss the new, economy vaccine.)

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Quebec plans to impose a ‘health contribution’ tax on the unvaccinated

The tax comes amid a new wave of coronavirus in the province and would be for those who refuse the jab for non-medical reasons

Quebec has announced plans to impose a “health tax” on residents who refuse to get the Covid-19 vaccination for non-medical reasons, as a new wave of the coronavirus pandemic overwhelms the province.

Premier François Legault announced the new “contribution” for the unvaccinated on Tuesday, as the province reported 62 new deaths, bringing the total number of people killed by Covid-19 in the province to 12,028 – the most in Canada.

“A health contribution will be charged to all adults that don’t want to get vaccinated. We are there now,” he said. “Those who refuse to get the shot bring a financial burden to hospital staff and Quebecers. The 10% of the population can’t burden the 90%.”

https://www.theguardian.com/wo...ccinated-coronavirus

Bazootiehead-in-training