well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    People are going to get hammered financially...
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

People are going to get hammered financially...
 Login/Join

Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted
Courtesy of our ridiculous do-nothing GOP. This is obscene. They're back to playing politics with the CARES act renewal. So here's what's at stake (a partial list):

1) $600 - $2000 payments for qualifying people (I don't agree with how they laid out the qualifications but it is what it is)
2) A moratorium on evictions
3) Aid to schools
4) Aid to cities
5) Expanded UI for covid-related layoffs
6) Expanded sick leave time off for covid-related illnesses, child care, elder care, etc.

At the same time, in the previous CARES they allowed employers the option of not paying their SS payroll taxes until Jan 2021 (half must be repaid then, the other in Jan 2022). Soooo in addition to all of this, employers must also kick in a big chunk of money toward their deferred payroll taxes if they chose that option. This includes self-employed.

Ugh, ugh, ugh. Trump is creating chaos, IMO, just to get back at Mitch McConnell for congratulating Biden on his victory. As I said, this is obscene.

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
And the MAGA crowd, 70 million strong, loves it.

Posts: 12539 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Trump is creating chaos, IMO, just to get back at Mitch McConnell for congratulating Biden on his victory

I agree! Also, I think he probably wants to get back at the American public for not electing him!

He's a vindictive little b*tch and should just go crawl in hole somewhere!

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18523 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
In fairness ... I can't believe I'm saying this ...

Pelosi & crew knew that their GOP colleagues wouldn't go for $2K. They are only doing this to divide them from Trump. That is called playing politics while people suffer. It's a trait in Democrats and Republicans alike.

Posts: 12539 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:

Pelosi & crew knew that their GOP colleagues wouldn't go for $2K. They are only doing this to divide them from Trump.
Trump keeps giving Pelosi & crew more ropes with which to hang the GOP. Shrug

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12692 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Yes, while a hundred million people potentially pay the consequences of DEMOCRATIC game-playing, all the while averting their eyes to their own hypocrisy in complaining about how the GOP plays politics with peoples' lives.

Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
P*D good point. That’s why a lot of younger voters, AOC fans etc. really dislike Pelosi. She is a traditional politician before anything else.

Posts: 18523 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes, while a hundred million people potentially pay the consequences of DEMOCRATIC game-playing, all the while averting their eyes to their own hypocrisy in complaining about how the GOP plays politics with peoples' lives.

Didn't the House pass an aid bill months ago, that McConnell has consistently allowed to refuse a vote on?

Posts: 45748 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
That’s why a lot of younger voters, AOC fans etc. really dislike Pelosi.

Yes, I hear my youngest son's voice in my head right now ... Big Grin

But let's keep in mind WHO on the Democratic side is pushing this Trump-supported $2k spanner in the works ...

AOC's 2K demand, Trump-supported

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:

Not to mention putting in your lot with the Orange Menace to get something you want. He isn't gonna give them anything. He just messing with everyone to keep himself the center of attention. He excels at it.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37940 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
gyaaa!

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShiroKuro:
gyaaa!

Can you translate that ... Big Grin

Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
gyaaa!

現在の窮状を心配して申し訳ありません。

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12692 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Axtremus:
quote:
quote:
gyaaa!

現在の窮状を心配して申し訳ありません。

Big Grin

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Big Grin Big Grin

"I'm sorry to worry about my current plight."