Find
Notify
Tools

Boeing
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted
"Boeing whistleblower says the Dreamliner 787 could 'break apart' because of safety flaws, report says" https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna147137

Wow.

Posts: 24714 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
https://www.businessinsider.co...bricant-plane-2024-4

I use Dawn on dishes, most of them PYREX.

Daniel, who doesn't like PYREX because it's heavy AF and wouldn't mind smashing every piece of it on the concrete carport if it weren't the case that such things just aren't done

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
What’s not to like about Pyrex?

(The old Pyrex, not the new Pyrex. The markings in the new Pyrex come off in the dishwasher).

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34929 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel:
"Boeing whistleblower says the Dreamliner 787 could 'break apart' because of safety flaws, report says" https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna147137

Wow.

Perhaps maximizing shareholder and executive compensation isn’t such a great way to run a manufacturing company after all. Pity it’s all they teach at Wharton.

The company to watch is Kraft-Heinz, bought out by Welch acolytes a few years back. I haven’t seen where they’ve made any major moves.

But it’s early yet.

Posts: 34929 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
The book to read, should you be so inclined, is “The Man Who Destroyed Capitalism”

All about Welch and the destruction he left in his wake.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
It's too heavy for me to have to hand wash it multiple times a day for two people including serving bowls and lids.

That's why I don't like it.

Yes, I think you're spot on about Welch, Wall Street, and the ruination of manufacturing companies.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
I happened to see an article from Forbes about Welch in my news feed a few days ago.

He's still being lionized.

Yes, this is the same Forbes that farcically claimed Kyle Jenner was a billionaire, the same one who beats the "capitalism is all we need" to a mind numbing degree, but still, you'd think our society would, at least, try to learn from its mistakes.

He was always a villain in my mind. He polluted the entire Hudson River.