well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    How do you wordle?
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How do you wordle?
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
My second word is gaudy. Because I like having having the y.

--------------------------------
Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20484 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pianojuggler:
My opener is OPERA. Depending on what I get from that, my next word is UNITS.

The difference is I get D and Y and you get P and N. It’s not immediately obvious to me which two letters are more useful. It probably doesn’t matter too much over time.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33805 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
I used to use AROSE or ARISE, but now I’e been playing with consonants. Something starting or ending with CH or NT. But my best day I started with LEACH and had it in 2.

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9809 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
I guess SYZYGY is too long.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30039 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
Also, I’m playing it in hard mode, so any info you get from the first word has to be used in the second word. So if I get one of the letters, I have to use it (and try to find the right place for it) in subsequent guesses.

Posts: 9809 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
I've been playing the cheap imitation one at wordlegame.org.

They now have Polish and Russian. I tried one game in Russian. I had never heard the word ОБРЯД before. I might try it again another time.

Polish? I wouldn't stand a chance.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30039 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AdagioM:
Also, I’m playing it in hard mode, so any info you get from the first word has to be used in the second word. So if I get one of the letters, I have to use it (and try to find the right place for it) in subsequent guesses.

I play that way anyway.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 35001 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
quote:
How do you wordle?

I don't. lol

Posts: 13638 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
I try to use a different opening word each day. Sometimes I will look at an email and pick a word from there.

After that, I focus on diphthongs with consonants. So I like to eliminate r and l early.

I actually prefer dordle. Much harder.

Posts: 19765 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
quote:
Originally posted by AdagioM:

I play that way anyway.

Yes, I’ve always played it that way, and finally remembered to click the hard mode setting this morning!

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cindysphinx:
I try to use a different opening word each day. Sometimes I will look at an email and pick a word from there.

After that, I focus on diphthongs with consonants. So I like to eliminate r and l early.

I actually prefer dordle. Much harder.

What’s dordle?

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33805 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
You play two five letter words at once.

https://zaratustra.itch.io/dordle?s=08

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 38009 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Naw. I don’t need anything more. A cup of coffee, a Wordle puzzle and an open faced tomato sandwich is all I need to start the day.

Let’s not complicate things.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 35001 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Wordle to the rescue.

quote:
An 80-year-old Lincolnwood woman who was held hostage in her home for 18 hours last weekend may have been rescued thanks in part to her daily Wordle fascination, her daughter recently said, according to published reports.

Denyse Holt discovered a naked man lying in bed next to her last weekend, beginning a lengthy ordeal that finally ended Sunday night when police conducted a wellness check on the woman at 9:40 p.m. and arrested a Chicago man.

Holt's daughter became concerned when Holt wasn't responding to text messages and after her mother hadn't passed along her Wordle score for the day, ABC reported.

https://patch.com/illinois/sko...ue-lincolnshire-lady

The full story from WaPo:

https://www.washingtonpost.com...ois-woman-kidnapped/

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 38009 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
Naw. I don’t need anything more. A cup of coffee, a Wordle puzzle and an open faced tomato sandwich is all I need to start the day.

Let’s not complicate things.

Yes

Posts: 12573 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post