well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    A Bronx Tale

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Bronx Tale
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted
Went to see the original at the Taft Theater last night. It's Chaz Palminteri's one man show, the story behind the movie and the musical. He plays all 18 parts, and it is hilarious.

I highly recommend if it comes around. I swear there was every NYC born Cincinnatian in the audience. Most mobbed up theater event I’ve ever been to. Their women’s style confirmed it.

--------------------------------
"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13556 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
how many NYC-born Cincinnatians can there be?

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21351 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
More than you'd think. The style was a slightly trashed out Sopranos chic.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

twit
Beatification Candidate
Picture of kluurs
posted Hide Post
NYC style is definitely a thing. I remember my spouse and I visiting years ago - me wearing a vibrant yellow North Face parka and my spouse a fluorescent red REI jacket. I'm sure an overhead satellite photo would have seen us standing out from the monochromatic NYC residents.

Posts: 9598 | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
I've noticed in both Boston and NYC that almost everyone is wearing black outerwear.