well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Assange and Ecuador ...

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Assange and Ecuador ...
 Login/Join

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted
An Assault on our Democracy

How to punish Ecuador?

Posts: 12575 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I don't understand why he wasn't kicked out earlier. They were A-OK until his cat (and apparently Assange himself) started peeing on the furniture. Sounds like it was two presidents (Correa and Moreno) in a, um, manhood-measuring contest.

One thing that's clear to me: painting Assange as some sort of white knight holding the banner of free speech on high is misguided.

Posts: 35388 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
One thing that's clear to me: painting Assange as some sort of white knight holding the banner of free speech on high is misguided.

Muted understatement of the week! Big Grin

Not sure we should be signing agreements with Ecuador that transfer my tax dollars to a hostile nation. And I don't really care if some poor Ecuadoreans suffer as a consequence. Yes, that sounds a bit Trumpian, but I'm not seeing much reason to give money to nations that actively try to undermine our nation.

US AID memorandum

We are rewarding Ecuador now for expelling him, but I would prefer to hold off on the rewards until some time has passed, and punish for the clear "attacks" on us in the past. Maybe in a year or so, after they have experienced some pain for their past leadership's decisions, can we renew gift aid to them.

I'm feeling very annoyed ...

Posts: 12575 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post