well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    A WH Insider Dumps on Trump
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A WH Insider Dumps on Trump
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted
Whoa...NYT's anonymous op ed Eeker

--------------------------------
"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I heard about this. The right is saying "Oh, just because it says it's a senior administration official, it could be someone in the EPA or something". I think they're delusional.

I think it is *that* bad, and that people within are starting to send up smoke signals in editorials like this and conversations with Mr Woodward.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 38009 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
I have no clue who this is, but there are gigantic clues all over the place that others within the administration can surely decipher. This person is probably toast in short order. He or she likely will be outed within days.

Posts: 12573 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
quote:
There are bright spots that the near-ceaseless negative coverage of the administration fails to capture: effective deregulation, historic tax reform, ...

Roll Eyes

http://www.twistandvibrations.blogspot.com/

Posts: 10577 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I think the reference to the cabinet speaks to how high up this person might be:

quote:
Given the instability many witnessed, there were early whispers within the cabinet of invoking the 25th Amendment, which would start a complex process for removing the president. But no one wanted to precipitate a constitutional crisis. So we will do what we can to steer the administration in the right direction until — one way or another — it’s over.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 38009 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
I have not seen anything like this in my over half-century of political awareness.

To my GOP friends who voted this man into power, all I can say is shame on you. To the ones who would happily vote for him again...

Posts: 12573 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
I have not seen anything like this in my over half-century of political awareness.

To my GOP friends who voted this man into power, all I can say is shame on you. To the ones who would happily vote for him again...

Deliberately keeping the president from doing what he's trying to do as President, which is within his granted powers to do, would be treason. That's probably why this is such a rarity.

Posts: 900 | Location: Bay Area of CA | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
The fact that people like Mattis and Cohn will avoid doing his bidding and work to move items off his desk suggests that treason is rife in this administration. One wonders why? Perhaps it's because the national interest demands it? We live in times when that sort of treason seems the most reasonable course of action. I support that kind of treason. The kind that responds to the treason of a president who does the bidding of the Russian dictator. The treason of the president who obstructs justice and demands that others support him in subverting the law.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I share Frum's fears.

https://www.theatlantic.com/id...ional-crisis/569443/

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have no clue who this is, but there are gigantic clues all over the place that others within the administration can surely decipher. This person is probably toast in short order. He or she likely will be outed within days.

You don't think the person tried to cover their tracks?

Posts: 45773 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by well-tempered gardener:
I share Frum's fears.

I heard Frum on NPR. It's an interesting perspective.

Posts: 45773 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by QuirtEvans:
quote:

You don't think the person tried to cover their tracks?

I'm sure s(he) did. I'm equally sure that s(he) did it just carelessly enough to reveal the truth to a dogged sleuth who has a lot of technical capacity (forensic linguists) and a good amount of investigative capacity. I said days, but maybe I give it a week or two before the person is outed.

It's possible the person actually wants to reveal themselves in reasonably short order, and keep the pot boiling in the interim.

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
The interesting thing here is that the TREASON (Trump caps) is coming from conservatives. Real conservatives. Principled conservatives. Not "libtards" as the weak-minded trollish among us like to say.

Never Offline
posted Hide Post
I don't actually believe this so-called "resistance" has committed treason. Which means I don't think they've done anything meaningful, to thwart the President's intentions.

Nevertheless, the piece will have its political effect. Whatever that may be.

Posts: 900 | Location: Bay Area of CA | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by QuirtEvans:
quote:
Originally posted by well-tempered gardener:
I share Frum's fears.

quote:
The author of the anonymous op-ed is hoping to vindicate the reputation of like-minded senior Trump staffers. See, we only look complicit! Actually, we’re the real heroes of the story.

I heard Frum on NPR. It's an interesting perspective.

As I've said here, and elsewhere, the "sane" people face a terrible choice. Commit what Trump and his loyalists call TREASON, or enable this amoral bully-boy narcissist in his rampage to destroy our institutions nationally and globally. Not much of a choice. The moral alternative is to leave. Staying in this administration is a taint that will attach for a lifetime ... and should.