well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Putin has learned the art ...

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Putin has learned the art ...
 Login/Join

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted
... of the MAGA rally from Trump.

Says the same kind of stupid **** too

Except that his audience is bought and paid for, or forced.

Posts: 12573 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Lena is from the sizable group of Russians unwilling to engage in politics and not interested in the news.

“I am not interested in politics, I don't understand what's going on now,” she said.

“I know that people are being killed and it’s awful. And how dare they organize a concert when people are dying?” She said she was also “forced to participate in elections” and to vote for Putin’s United Russia party or lose her job.

I feel for Lena, but that's just too bad. I hope to see lots and lots of Cargo 200 flights back to Moscow, and I happily support us sending billions in really nasty weaponry into Ukraine to make those flights very full. Maybe at some point she and others will get angry enough to take some risks with their jobs. If not, I can't be sorry if unemployment spikes in Russia and lots of Lenas lose their flats and have to start worrying about how they will pay their other bills.

Posts: 12573 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
One of my first bosses at Boeing used to say "if you want to change someone's behavior you have to threaten their standard of living."

I lived and worked in Moscow for a while. For the average Russian, the standard of living isn't that high to begin with. But the challenge is getting people to connect the dots. If they just listen to the propaganda, there is no European food in the stores and all the Макдоналдс are closed because of something bad the west did.

I feel for Lena. But, I think she's not going to be the one to effect change. I think it's the oligarchs whose standard of living is being threatened. I may be wrong.

--------------------------------
pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30039 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:

Except that his audience is bought and paid for....
And that's different from a MAGA rally how?

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Really a comparison in the effects of state-controlled propaganda vs. entertainment propaganda in the US

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7565 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Putin needs some pointers. Let's send tfg over to help him out....

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 38009 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pianojuggler:
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:

Except that his audience is bought and paid for....
And that's different from a MAGA rally how?

Well, if you read the article, most of his 200K crowd was forced to go or lose their jobs.

Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
pw;dr

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com