well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Former FDA commissioner Gottlieb interview

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Former FDA commissioner Gottlieb interview
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted
Worth reading or watching.

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/ne...ter_impression=true#

--------------------------------
If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Thanks for linking that.

Regarding this:
quote:
There is no systematic plan for when a city should close schools, when they should tell businesses that they have to telework, when they should close movie theaters and cancel large gatherings. We leave these decisions to local officials, but we really should have a comprehensive plan in terms of recommendations to cities and then some support from the federal government for cities that make that step, make that leap, if you will.

Having a comprehensive plan w/ official recommendations is so important. It’s interesting because the CDC put out that recommendation that students abroad should consider coming back. And it wasn’t even a super strongly worded recommendation. But my university was among those that responded immediately to that by recalling all students abroad. And our students are all coming back now. Today was actually the deadline they were given to return.

I say that just to underscore that big institutions follow those guidelines and recommendations. If they have the recommendations there to be followed.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18471 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
That’s a good interview.

So much different from the sort of thing we get today.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34946 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post