well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Car registration

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Car registration
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted
CA is messed up in many different ways but has OH beat all to hell as far as car registrations. I've been trying to get Ohio plates for 2 weeks and it's still not happening. The vehicle VIN number has to be inspected, which means the trailer stored in AZ isn't going to get a plate until I drag it up here. Third parties like AAA are not allowed to registrations.

You have to go four different places (5 for trailers), and some of the documents have to be sent by FAX. Eeker

Q: What time is it in NE Ohio?

A: 1987.

/rant

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34979 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
"Back when" I read about the trials of Russian bureaucracy.
The US now leads the world
in bureaucratic tangles.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25723 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Everybody hates the DMV everywhere, but locally it has really improved, much less waiting around. But in New York complaining is a way of life.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13818 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Arizona is so bad that there are services available that pay people to stand in line for you, etc.

For year in the county where I live Buddy Brown was the sole employee. When it was time for his lunch break he would a CLOSED sign on the counter and sit and have his lunch and read the paper while the room filled. He ignored all questions and comments. When his lunch break was over, he would clear his things and begin working.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25723 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post