well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Who’s left that has escaped Covid?
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who’s left that has escaped Covid?
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug:
quote:
Originally posted by CHAS:

I isolate well, so long as the internet is working. Smiler

I know what you mean. Because of Covid, I haven’t had a date in over 10 years. (Doug - cleaning up a joke that was going around in 2020…)

Suspect I have been libeled. WTF

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25713 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShiroKuro:
quote:
I’m teaching on a cruise ship next week.

Eeker

Does that mean you'll be on the cruise the whole week, like sleeping etc., or just going on aboard for a few hours to do your teaching and then go home?

Will you mask while teaching?

I’m on the ship for a week; I only have to teach two three hour classes, and do one 3 hour hangout. The rest of it is paid vacation.

I’m not planning to wear a mask once I board. Everyone is required to be vaxxed, and to test negative before boarding.

We’re leaving out of NYC, going to New England and Canada, then returning to NYC. After that I go to Maine to teach at a retreat. Fingers crossed and double crossed that I don’t get Covid!

But first, I have to test negative tomorrow morning on a proctored exam…

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9801 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
Nothing here so far (according to rapid tests anyway). If we had it and it was undetected the symptoms were non-existent or short lived and minor.

"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson

Posts: 4097 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
OS and her husband got it for the first time last week.

They're both fine.

Posts: 19764 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
I, an old broad with asthma, who has worked in person for all but 6 months of the pandemic and then flew 4 flights on vacation just 2 weeks ago (masked)..

Still COVID free...Damned if I know how!

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
I haven't had it ... as far as I know. But I haven't had a blood test to determine if I was ever infected by a "wild" strain. Wife came down with it and I ministered to her for 10 days.

Posts: 12544 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
I haven't had it ... as far as I know. But I haven't had a blood test to determine if I was ever infected by a "wild" strain. Wife came down with it and I ministered to her for 10 days.

I’m part of a research study so get regular blood tests for antibodies but, at least in my study, they can’t determine if antibodies are as a result of vaccination or illness. They do take a sample a certain number of days after vaccination and the reports they have sent back to me say that my antibodies are consistent with what they would expect.

Posts: 4097 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
I thought there was a way to distinguish between the kinds of antibodies an MRNA vaccine produces and the kind that comes from being infected. Guess that was wrong.

Posts: 12544 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
quote:
I thought there was a way to distinguish between the kinds of antibodies an MRNA vaccine produces and the kind that comes from being infected. Guess that was wrong.

It may just be the method the study is using??

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
AdagioM, best of luck for lots of negativity!!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18569 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
So far so good, Ke'eyna Horah! (I'm aiming at warding off the evil eye! Wink )

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
I’m good.

Jf

Be calm, be brave, it'll be okay.

Posts: 17681 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
quote:

There are two different antibody tests. One tests for the spike protein antibodies you get from the vaccines, the other tests for natural antibodies that result from having the virus.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13563 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
I certainly hope that researchers are using that distinction to estimate the prevalence of natural antibodies in the population, and in people who have no recollection of being infected (asymptomatic infections). That would provide a lot of information about just how inoculated the whole population is, and how future waves and mutations might pass through a population of mostly-inoculated people.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dolmansaxlil:
quote:

It may just be the method the study is using??

It is just the method. There are tests that check for antibodies to the nucleocaspid and others that look for antibodies to the spike protein. The former indicates infection only, the latter infection or vaccine.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post