well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Got the blue light special
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Got the blue light special
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted
Two days ago I got the first of two blue light treatments on my head. The treatment is supposed to remove precancerous keratoses that are too small to be seen. I have plenty that can be seen that the treatment should remove.
It is not related to KMart.
The gunk was rubbed onto my scalp.
An hour and a half later I was put under an extremely bright light. The apparatus curved over my head. Was wearing goggles with a dark orange tint I suppose to keep the blue light waves from affecting my eyes. The light was too bright to look at. I kept my eyes closed.
Was told the pain would get worse over the first six minutes but would not get any worse over the remaining nine minutes and forty seconds.
My head feels like a burned turkey left in the oven too long. I am not going to try to look with a mirror.
The stand for the light did not work well with the chair I was in. That caused me to sit in a very uncomfortable position while my head baked.
Was given cleaners and creams to rub on my head to make it feel better afterwards. They help a little. Taking Meloxicam already because of foot pain so I am taking that and Tylenol.
I am in front of a computer screen because I am wearing a hat. The skin is extremely sensitive to light for 48 hours after the treatment.
Could get a sunburn from household lighting. The blinds on the sliding door on the east side are closed because it is morning. Will close those on the west side around noon.
The information sheets I was given are for those that get the treatment on their faces. Eeker
My head hurts inside and out. My disposition is in the pits. Thankfully Don is in the hospital and Bob is in Tucson. Smiler

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25704 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
Frowner That does not sound like much fun.

Hope you feel better soon.

Posts: 13634 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Wow.

Let’s all hope the treatment worked!

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34946 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Comfort

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37898 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Ouch, sounds painful. Hope you can get some relief soon! Will be nice to have those things gone, however. (Steve has one frozen off of his face recently).

They’ve got my mom standing naked in front of some kind of UV light for skin itching. Looks like a tanning bed standing on its end, it’s upstairs next to the futon I’ve been sleeping on. She hates it. 4 minutes, every six days, and she has to wear those goggles. She also puts a bag over her head because she’s worried the light will burn through the back of her eyeballs, so has to hold onto a chair because all of that makes her lose her balance. I push the button and run around the corner when the super bright light goes on. Luckily I only have to put her through that once while I’m here.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20459 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Photodynamic therapy.

I was supposed to have it last month and rescheduled.

I’m really not looking forward to it.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
I should have stocked a lot of chocolate. Nothing goes with my whining quite as well. Smiler

Posts: 25704 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
I hope it worked.

Hang in there, bro. *hugs*

Maybe playing your new piano will distract you for a while.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Thanks
Rinsed my hair with cool water and applied the lotions yesterday.
Shampooed my head today and applied sunscreen.
Will take some fantastic chowder from SLC to the neighbors at 5pm.
A friend brought the chowder from the Firehouse restaurant a couple of days ago
and we have plenty.
When you go to SLC go to the Firehouse for dinner and the seven acre aviary to see the birds.

Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
Oh well, it’s still progress from lobotomy.
Get well soon! Smiler

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12689 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
So when they say "this place is for the birds", they mean it literally, huh?

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Today a lobotomy might be an improvement.

The aviary if a fantastic place that I want to see again.

Just learned that Don has a spot on his lungs that is bigger than it was when it was spotted.
This is the first I have heard of the spot. He
does not like to talk about his ailments.
He will have decisions to make.
I recall that he can receive no more radiation or
chemotherapy, and that because he got side effects from Keytruda he cannot take any more of that.

Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
Sorry for that very uncomfortable treatment, though grateful for its reputed effectiveness.

They do it for uber delicate eye surgery too. Perfect aim is critical.

But yes, it leaves you super sensitive to all light for a while afterwards.

Poor Don. He certainly has been a trooper, though - and pretty much of a miracle survivor. More lives than several cats. May his track record continue!

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
The spot on Don's lung is pneumonia. He is at
home taking Levaquin for that and the infected kidney.
He blew up twice yesterday. Ignored him. He is better today.

Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Sorry, Chas. I can imagine that is no fun. My wife goes into a “light box” once or twice a week for a rare skin condition. It’s not painful but it’s awkward to stand in such a way that the light reaches the affected areas.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13813 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post