well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    The Slow Decline of the Sanders Campaign

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Slow Decline of the Sanders Campaign
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted
Elizabeth Warren has passed him in the polls nationally, and in Iowa she’s got double his support (22 to 11, Biden has 20).

At the moment, she’s the betting favorite to win the nomination.

And the contrast is pretty stark. He has talking points. She has plans.

Nate Silver’s succinct analysis:

quote:
You sometimes get the sense that the Sanders campaign never really asked itself: What's our message to the 55% of Democrats who voted for Hillary Clinton in 2016?

Posts: 45765 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
She's been the only one up there looking presidential from the start.

--------------------------------
"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13572 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
I'm surprised by the support of the Sanders run by the younger voter... In talking with our youngest, he's convinced Warren has taken too much corporate money to be trusted: "She's been bought" is what I keep hearing.

More of Sanders rhetoric trickling down??

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7560 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rontuner:
I'm surprised by the support of the Sanders run by the younger voter... In talking with our youngest, he's convinced Warren has taken too much corporate money to be trusted: "She's been bought" is what I keep hearing.

You might tell him that everything that I have heard, and everything that I have read, suggests Wall Street is petrified of a Warren Presidency. And that's the industry most familiar with her.

Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
It's OK. They still own Congress.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13572 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by QuirtEvans:
quote:
Originally posted by rontuner:

You might tell him that everything that I have heard, and everything that I have read, suggests Wall Street is petrified of a Warren Presidency. And that's the industry most familiar with her.

How do you parse "wall street is petrified"? Is there a way to surgically meddle with wall street that won't impact 401ks and pensions?

The progressive messaging I've seen neatly avoids this issue by shrugging off the whole concept and just flat out claiming that only rich people have any skin in the stock market game.

Posts: 900 | Location: Bay Area of CA | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Q: Do you have a 401k?

A: Yes

Q: Do you know that money is in stocks?

A: (blank stare says they don't know)

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25727 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CHAS:
Q: Do you have a 401k?

A: Yes

Q: Do you know that money is in stocks?

A: (blank stare says they don't know)

It doesn't have to be, but it likely is.