well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Power Plate Machine

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Power Plate Machine
 Login/Join

Foregoing Vacation to Post
Picture of Qaanaaq-Liaaq
posted
https://powerplate.com

A Power Plate is a vibration plate machine. Click on the link if you don't see a photo of it above. It has a platform that you stand on and it creates strong pulsating vibrations through the platform. The vibrations force the body to use more of its muscle fibers. You can either do exercises on it or just stand on it.

You control the duration, frequency (vibrations per second) and amplitude (vibration distance per cycle). Set the frequency and amplitude high enough and it’ll make your teeth chatter.

My health club has one. I find the machine relaxing after a work out.

Posts: 1412 | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
There used to be machines in health clubs and gyms that did a similar thing. It had a spot to stand on and a wide belt that went around your butt and it would vibrate. I never really understood what it was supposed to do other than make noise and look silly. But they were always popular.

I remember these from the gym my parents went to in the mid 1960s. No idea when they became a thing for fell from favor.

--------------------------------
pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30039 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
I tried one of those while on vacation in a resort gym, maybe 15 years ago. I don't know, I wasn't sold on it. It was pitched more as an exercise thing (forcing you to use your stabilizing muscles) than as a relaxation thing.

Posts: 45770 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post