well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    HCQ being shipped to Brazil

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HCQ being shipped to Brazil
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
Color me confused. How many studies have been halted or have resulted in the conclusion that HCQ not only doesn’t have a benefit but presents significant risk?

“Let’s send it to Brazil!”

quote:
The White House announced Sunday that the U.S. will send 2 million doses of hydroxychloroquine and 1,000 ventilators to Brazil as the South American country confronts the coronavirus pandemic.

The White House said in a joint statement with the Brazilian government that the doses of hydroxychloroquine will be used as preventative treatment for nurses, doctors and health-care professionals. Brazilian civilians who contract the virus will also be permitted to use the drug.

The U.S. and Brazil will also launch a joint research effort, including randomized controlled clinical trials, to test hydroxychloroquine's use as a preventive measure and early treatment of COVID-19.

https://news.google.com/articl...S&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37976 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Seems like a deal between Trump and Bolsonaro that will leave the health authorities scratching their heads.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33801 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
Eh, wouldn't be the first time Trump manages to sell snake oil to a sucker.

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12696 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
I worry about the people who will get it via prescription (or OTC?).

I wonder when Trump will patent it with something including the Trump name.
(AND take credit for miracle cures. What was it he said some time back about his medical acumen? "Maybe I just have a talent for it.
Why bother with medical school when you're born just knowing it all?)

Skeptical

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Next will be a Trump University extension campus in Brasilia.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33801 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
Next will be a Trump University extension campus in Brasilia.

ROTFLMAO

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25726 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
But the people here who need it for auto-immune diseases are still limited to half doses and disrupted refill procedures? Send it away to where it doesn’t work?

Shrug

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9803 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I hadn't thought about that, AM.

Bolsonaro doesn't give a damn about COVID-19. He's in the "it's just the flu" camp.

The only thing I can think of is that Trump is so obsessed with being proven right about his frequent proclamations about the benefits of hydroxychloroquine that he's gone so far as to initiate a sham study so he can say, "See! I told you it was a miracle drug."

smh

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37976 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post