well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    It happened

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It happened
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted

--------------------------------
If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
He’ll be taller than you are before you know it! ThumbsUp

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34946 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
I think he’ll never get to my height. I married the wrong woman for that. My guess is he maxes out at 6 or 6’1”.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
I think he’ll never get to my height. I married the wrong woman for that. My guess is he maxes out at 6 or 6’1”.

I don't think marrying her was the relevant activity.

Posts: 45741 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Jon how tall are you? And how tall is Rachel?

My niece is 10 g(soon to be 11) and she is getting sooo tall. I think she skipped her mom’s genes and even my brother’s and took all the ones from my grandfather who was super tall.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18472 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Both of mine look down on their 5'9" dad from their 6'2" perches.

Posts: 12533 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:

Dunno about that. At 6’6” Greg is 4” taller than I am and my wife is about 5’7”. This on a diet consisting mainly of fortified breakfast cereal, bean/cheese burritos and pizza.

We tried, we really did, but he seems to have done OK with it.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34946 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Such a milestone! My daughter is shorter than me, but my son is about six inches taller. It was so weird to look him in the eye, and now have to look up to him.

Similar diet to the Miller boys. Big Grin

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
What are you feeding him, Jon?

This happened at our house when each was in 6th grade. I think they’re both taller than Dad, but not by much.

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9800 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Ahahaha...I so remember my sister and I always comparing to my Mom...We passed her years ago and now at 92, she has shrunk some so we tower over her. Smiler

I would not be surprised if he surpasses your height. He is in that age range to leap ahead. Yes

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
I'm 6'2" or 6'3".

I tracked taller than him at various milestones - birth, 2 year old, 5 years old. But he could still surprise me.

He really has a lot of unfavorable height genes from his mother's side though. They're all small, both males and females. Rachel is 5'3" if she stands up real straight.

The kid is picky but still manages to eat well. There are some healthy options on his short list of things he likes.

Forum Groupie
Picture of CTPianotech
posted Hide Post
Fun milestone. (well, for the boy anyway)

10 years ago, my wife was the second tallest in our household of seven...Now she's the second shortest, lol.

Posts: 825 | Location: CT | Registered: 10 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
The kid is picky but still manages to eat well. There are some healthy options on his short list of things he likes.

So you don't tell him "eat your [whatever] so you can grow up big and strong?" I'm pretty sure my maternal grandfather said that about everything, including cookies, watermelon, hamburgers, etc....

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18472 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
My paternal side great grandmother was named Tina, but called Tiny. The pictures indicate that "Tiny" fit.
Her son, my grandfather, was about 5'4".
I claim to be 5'7", which allowed me to tower over much of my family. Ok, maybe not "tower", but enough. Smiler

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25704 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post