well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Boommates

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Boommates
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
The new Golden Girls: Baby boomers are moving in together to save money

https://www.msn.com/en-us/mone...ave-money/ar-AAUj9RX

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37898 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
When Grandma retired from her career as a hospital dietician, she started taking in nursing students as boarders. They looked after her, the car, and the house. She looked after them and kept the rent low. She loved those kids and they took real good care of her. Win-win!

Boommates sound like a great idea to me.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34946 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
When I was in law school, age 36-40, I and my large Golden Retriver shared a house with 4 other guys, each of whom also had a dog. We called it the Dog Ranch, and the greeting on the telephone answering machine said “Welcome to The Dog Ranch. Five guys, five dogs, all animals.”

Jf

Be calm, be brave, it'll be okay.

Posts: 17677 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post