well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Shinzo Abe assassinated

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shinzo Abe assassinated
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
Friday’s shocking assassination of Japan’s former Prime Minister Shinzo Abe in one of the world’s safest countries stunned leaders and drew condemnation, with Iran calling it an “act of terrorism” while Spain slammed the “cowardly attack.”

Abe, 67, was shot from behind in Nara in western Japan while giving a campaign speech. He was airlifted to a hospital but was not breathing and his heart had stopped. He was pronounced dead later at the hospital. Abe was Japan’s longest-serving leader before stepping down in 2020 for health reasons.

Japanese Prime Minister Fumio Kishida, who hastily returned to Tokyo from campaign events around the country, called the shooting “dastardly and barbaric.”

https://apnews.com/article/shi...a76ff88ac66a7287172c

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37940 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
We are both shocked here. Apparently the shooter is in custody, it sounds like he made the gun himself.

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18524 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
I'm really confused about how someone shows up at a campaign event carrying a clunky home made gun and no one notices as he pulls the contraption out of whatever he was carrying it in and raises it up to fire. This wasn't Sirhan Sirhan sneaking unnoticed in a crowded ballroom carrying a small modern pistol to fire at point blank range.

The "gun" he used was sixteen inches long ...

Posts: 12539 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post