well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    If you sent a PM

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you sent a PM
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted
Keep getting a PM notification. Nothing new shows.
Try again? That might fix/change it.

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25723 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
There is something messed up with PM notifications. For years, various people have noted that they have a PM alert on the screen and there’s nothing new in their list of private messages.

It started happening to me about six months ago. Old PMs that I had read months or even years ago started showing up in my list of private messages looking like they had never been read (they are in bold).

I have no clue why it’s happening to some of us. I just check my messages when I log on. I also get an email if someone actually sends a PM, so then I know that I really have a message.

WTF was down a few days ago. I got in touch with Matt and he contacted the tech folks at our host, and we were back up fairly quickly. This software is old and I don’t know how well it’s being maintained. I wonder if something that they did messed up your PM notifications. I think my problem started after a WTF outage.

You could try reaching out to Matt to see if there’s anything that can be done.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37972 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I sent you a message about the lottery you won, but first you have to reactivate your Netflix account and send in a half a dozen apple gift cards.

It was really important.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
I sent you one a few days ago.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13565 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
A message sent April 2nd, just showed up after a second message was sent.
The PM notice is gone.

Posts: 25723 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
It wasn’t a big deal. Just checking on with you.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13565 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:
It wasn’t a big deal. Just checking on with you.

Thank you