well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Winter activities

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Winter activities
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
I love winter. Things don't get absurdly cold or snowy around here so it's tolerable because most of the time I don't *have* to go out and can wait till the current meterological event is over. Fresh snowfall is lovely, especially when you don't have to rush outside to clean it off before heading out to work.

And I love seeing birds at the feeder.

As far as indoor activities are concerned....We usually have a jigsaw puzzle going on the dining room table during the winter months. We stop for a few minutes and work on it when the spirit moves us.

We just finished this one. Drove us nuts because every time we worked on it we felt like driving to Mitsuwa (local Japanese grocery with adjoining food court) for something to eat.... Yummy

So, for those who live where winter is actually a different season....what do you do to keep busy/sane?

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37941 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13560 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:

I was gonna say…

Jf

Be calm, be brave, it'll be okay.

Posts: 17680 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
I dress for the weather since I have to do outdoor duty with my kiddos 3 days a week. But other than that I do try to stay indoors.

I quilt (I mean I do that all year round, but more in winter). I actually drink less in the winter because a beverage on the deck after work is far more tempting in the spring/summer. We play a LOT of board games.

"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson

Posts: 4092 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post