well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Chili Crisp (spinoff from 30 Condiments)

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chili Crisp (spinoff from 30 Condiments)
 Login/Join

Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted
So, I've been looking into this online, and I think I want to try some. The descriptions remind me of a Mexican chili condiment I loved years ago and never was able to find again.

Quote:

Here's why it's good: This spicy sauce usually includes more ingredients than your standard chile oil, giving it more depth of flavor (That's right. It's bursting with umami). And then there's the texture. Unlike a regular chile oil, chile crunches are, just as they advertise, crunchy. This is usually because the chile flakes—and often other ingredients, like garlic—are often fried before they're put into the sauce.

Here's one of several online articles

--------------------------------
“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13814 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Ha! Now I know what I want for my birthday!

Lunar gin and chili crisp! ThumbsUp

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post