well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Hank the Tank busted

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hank the Tank busted
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
DNA evidence? ROTFLMAO

quote:
A massive and notoriously mischievous black bear has been captured after more than a year on the run following a string of break-ins in California.

The 500lbs (227kg) bear, known to fans as Hank the Tank, is believed to have broken into 21 homes in the Lake Tahoe area since 2022.

Hank - who is actually a female bear registered as 64F - will be moved to a sanctuary in Colorado.

Her three cubs may be transferred to a facility in California's Sonoma County.

In a statement released on Friday, the California Department of Fish and Wildlife (CDFW) said that biologists had "safely immobilised" the bear, who had been linked to 21 break-ins by DNA evidence.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-66429736

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37941 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
So Hank was actually Henrietta!

Posts: 12539 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
this is pretty much in my backyard so it’s been a fun story to follow. some of the ways the Bears have broken into places are both entertaining and terrifying..

Posts: 10334 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
We have bears in my neighborhood in Santa Fe. So far, they've stuck to unprotected trash cans.

It does give one pause (paws) when bringing the bins down a very long driveway in the early morning before pickup.

Posts: 12539 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
We have bears in my neighborhood in Santa Fe. So far, they've stuck to unprotected trash cans.

Our Lake Tahoe bears are smarter than your average bear.

Our bears

Posts: 10334 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Apparently the bear also sh*ts in the house.

I'm sure that's the DNA source.

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
"When you have a bear forcibly crashing its way through a garage door or ripping open a front door with people inside, that's pretty brazen and unusual,"

Eeker

I would not want to be sitting in my living room for the arrival of such a visitor....

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18524 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
So California cannnot manage the bear to it goes to Colorado?

Thank you La La Land, but we have enough
Californians buzzing around our streets already.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25711 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post